Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus Skylake Z170 CPU fitting tool!

We see a lot of bent pins, this looks a good little invention

Reckon it will help with bent pins? some youtube comments don't like the tool and the guy does give the cpu a good finger greasing on the contacts!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_aeeZlpGIA
    Originally posted by Aaron
    I want those sweet cherries

Perhaps Intel need to supply them???
    I am not losing weight! I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again!

Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional

Comment

It looks on the vid like the tool stays in place once the cpu is in the mobo, not watched with sound and only sped watched, but i'm guessing only certain sockets have the space to allow their use?

Comment

I saw this in the Maximus VIII Hero box that I got through the door today. I can't see me using it and I don't really see the point. It's not difficult to install a CPU.

I'll have a review up at some point next week, so I'll see exactly what it does and if it is possible to use it on other motherboards.
        Last edited by TheMadDutchDude; 11-09-15, 09:10.
        ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.95 GHz | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 2x8GB @ 3333 MHz C14 | ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 OC | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850w | be quiet! Pure Base 600 Tempered Glass | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920 | ASUS ZenBook UX305F

Comment

i think this speaks most volume for people who buy asus mobo tbh.
          "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
          Plato

Comment

If one of these is a requirement, maybe you shouldn't be building PC's

Comment

Originally posted by marsey99 View Post
              i think this speaks most volume for people who buy asus mobo tbh.
              I'm not sure what you're trying to say here...

My good lord, though... the board and its design is really lovely. It's different in the flesh, and it's awesome (to me!).
              ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.95 GHz | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 2x8GB @ 3333 MHz C14 | ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 OC | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850w | be quiet! Pure Base 600 Tempered Glass | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920 | ASUS ZenBook UX305F

Comment

tell you what dude, z170 has the nicest mobo i have ever seen.

it is really hard to find faults in the looks of any of them!

i mean like they have all got to the point now where fugly (retail) mobo are a thing of the past.

well more need to be green and black, but that's about it
                "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
                Plato

Comment

I'll post a teaser later.

They are a thing of the past, besides the cheap ECS junk yards.

Comment

Love the PCI-e slots on this Z170 and the overall design

Comment

At >400, they can shove it. (It does look very nice though...)

Comment

I'll buy a 50 gigabyte and 20-worth of rattle cans.

Comment

Originally posted by PhillipM View Post
                          I'll buy a 50 gigabyte and 20-worth of rattle cans.

Wonder whats possible in the world of painting motherboard mods? and what type of paint to use?

Comment

You can definitely do it, it just has to be non conductive and 100% dry before you power on.

Being dry is key. I wash my motherboards in the dish washer (yes, really!) and I always leave them to dry for at least 24 hours whilst standing on their side to drain off any remaining moisture. It's always a bit of a gamble turning it on, but I've not had a problem thus far.

Comment

I usually wash fans and dusty PSU's out with water, no issue so long it's discharged and DEFINATELY dry

I'd imagine any acrylic aerosol would be just fine for mobo painting.

Comment

Working...
                              X