• Show
Clear All

That is cheap.
    Back up and running fully

Comment

Mobos going for 200-300 quid on the bay. Its just crazy

Comment

Lol wow.

Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming K7. Ryzen 1700. 16GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB. Zotac GTX980ti Amp Omega Edition. Samsung 840 500 GB SSD. WD 1 TB Green. XFX 750w XTR Psu. Creative GIgaworks T20 series 2 speakers. Asus DX 7.1. Phanteks Enthoo ATX Glass case. iiyama G-master GE2788HS Monitor. Cyborg V7. TT Theron mouse.

Comment

chips that were top line or close to top line in a an old socket have always rocketed in price, all the way back to the barton3200's
          Please see thread, here for how post reports are dealt with.
          Forum Guidelines here

Comment

the good mobo are only made in limited quantities, same on all older sockets so they hold their value much longer, more so if the socket is only short lived like all from intel since 775.

edit

fwiw

the 920 can still hold its own at stock with 1 graphics card but if you want to sli/xfire then you will need to get it oc to about 3.8ghz with 1600mhz ram so its not holding the gpu back.
            Last edited by luke22; 20-10-13, 23:23.
            "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
            Plato

Comment

to be honest mate its the motherboard and triple channel ram that puts off many guys .... granted a core i7 920 can be snapped up for under 100 however add another 100 for a socket 1366 mobo and around 60 for 6gb of triple channel ram ... and the socket 1366 platform is essentially a legacy product ( and of course theres limited upgrades ) ....
              that said if your allready using a socket 1366 motherboard and the associated memory then go for it .... otherwise you may find it quite expensive
              Intel core i5 3330 3.0ghz,8GB XMS3 1333MHZ (2 X 4GB),MSI R9 270x,128gb SSD (boot) + 1tb wd sata ,msi z77a-g41 mobo,asus xonar dgx ,520w seasonic psu,aerocool xpredator x1 devil red chassis

Comment

picked up a few 1366 bundles (cpu mobo ram) from 110 to 150 with a decent coolers.

im using one now
                Is my new Kingston flash drive on drugs?

i

Comment

I have two 1366 systems (both I believe) very or extremely good overclockers. Both of my 920 D0's hit 4.5Ghz with being 20 runs of LinX stable so they are not a bad overclocker at all.. They both have EVGA Classified boards with them as well with full cover water blocks. The main problem I'd have recommending them would be a 4670k and a basic Z87 board and a basic cooler will beat it at stock speeds compared to my 920's @ 4.5Ghz.. For me it's a no brainer to go with the newer systems. I've been tempted and toying with the idea of buy a 980X or 990X but they are still going for stupid money and I just wouldn't get much from it (heat, efficiency etc) for the extra little performance I'd get.. I sadly just don't think it's worth it.

Comment

Working...
                  X