• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oneman View Post
    Damm, looks like a 16GB memory limit.

Added after 4 minutes:

And I can only find one board on Aria with SATA 6Gb
    http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Compo...roductId=55131

--
    Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

Comment

Looks like it might do, 4 DIMM slots and support up to 32GB RAM. Only one SATA 6Gb which might limit future expansion but the rest looks OK and according to MSI site has official support for Xeon E3-1230v2 support with appropriate BIOS level.

Edited to add a thanks.

Comment

Yeah, only downsides to that are:
        1 SATA3
        no USB3 front panel
        cost - might as well get a cheap H77 / Z77
        --
        Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

Comment

I don't really care about having front USB, the PC is my main server and will be in the loft as its on 24x7.

Now then Aria - any chance you will be getting the E3-1245 ??? having integrated graphics will save having to buy a basic video card.

Comment

I don't really care about having front USB, the PC is my main server and will be in the loft as its on 24x7.

Now then Aria - any chance you will be getting the E3-1245 ??? having integrated graphics will save having to buy a basic video card.
            Even if they do get the E3-1245 v2 in, the cost is usually a lot more than the E3-1230 v2 meaning you are often better off getting the E3-1230 v2 and getting a dedicated video card...
            @catrain - i7-4710MQ || GTX 860M || 16GB HYPER-X IMPACT 1600MHz || 120GB Kingston mS200 - @catrain

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceboy View Post
              Yeah, only downsides to that are:
              1 SATA3
              no USB3 front panel
              cost - might as well get a cheap H77 / Z77
              Seems I was mistaken, there is a usb3 f/p connector (hiding in the detailed descriptions)

See above - usb3 is provided anyway
              --

Comment

Originally posted by tombyrne94 View Post
                Even if they do get the E3-1245 v2 in, the cost is usually a lot more than the E3-1230 v2 meaning you are often better off getting the E3-1230 v2 and getting a dedicated video card...
                That was the other option, though the 1245 should have a little bit more performance. I guess it all depends on pricing.

Just checked and E3-1230v2 is now listed !!!! 173, got to agree, I can't see E3-1245 being worthwhile now.

Comment

"Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
                  Plato

Comment

SHOTS FIRED!!!!!

http://www.anandtech.com/show/10585/...than-broadwell
                    "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
                    Plato

Comment

Working...
                    X