Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frequency: 3.30 GHz (Turbo Mode 3.70GHz)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frequency: 3.30 GHz (Turbo Mode 3.70GHz)

I have just installed the i5-2500k with 8gig.

I note on this site the spec for the i5-2500k states: Frequency: 3.30 GHz (Turbo Mode 3.70GHz) This is just for the pros', no motherboard stated.

How can I switch to turbo mode?

(Just for the record I use the Asus P8H67-M Pro M/B, yes I know, there is a turbo I can set in the bios)

Have I got this totally wrong. (Newbie)
    Intel i5-2500k 3.465 ~ Asus P8H67-M Pro ~ Mushkin 8gig Ram ~ Corsair 500w ~
    NZXT-Vulcan Case ~ XP Pro 64bit ~ Dell 24" monitor ~ 2X650Gig Sata2 HDs

You can't set it, it means how fast the processor runs when it is only using 1core, 4cores=3.3ghz, 1 core single thread app = 3.7, a two thread app may make it run at 3.5 for example
    www.bpwalker.co.uk

Comment

Its automatic,
      sn45g ,athlon 2500+ 256mb ram, geforce 2 80 gig HD
      !Tpyo spceialist! I hope to help please ignore my bad grammar and typo's!

Comment

If you look in CPU-Z, on 100% load with turbo enabled it will only show 3.4ghz - as that is the average over all 4 cores I think.
        2500k @ Stock | EVGA GTX970 SC | 8GB Corsair LP @ 1600mhz| Noctua NH-D14 | Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3 | Corsair TX850 v2 | Coolermaster HAF X | 27" BenQ GW2765HT @ 2560x1440

Add me on Steam: themanhunt1234

Comment

They get a little boost when under load, you can of course overclock it.
          My local hospital has a sign which reads "This way for accidents and emergencies." Haven't people in hospital got enough to worry about without looking for further misfortune?

Comment

I use...

Originally posted by combatsquirrel View Post
            You can't set it, it means how fast the processor runs when it is only using 1core, 4cores=3.3ghz, 1 core single thread app = 3.7, a two thread app may make it run at 3.5 for example
            This tells me everything, I'm learning all the time.

Thanks Roger

Originally posted by Themanhunt View Post
            If you look in CPU-Z, on 100% load with turbo enabled it will only show 3.4ghz - as that is the average over all 4 cores I think.
            I will check out CPU-Z...looks like this will tell me lots..Thanks

Added after 5 minutes:

Originally posted by Snakedoc View Post
            They get a little boost when under load, you can of course overclock it.
            I use the Asus P8H67-M Pro M/B which has some sort of GPU Boost. I don't think I can OC manualy. My pros' is (i5-2500K).

I don't know about these things, I'm a newbie.
            Last edited by g4sef101; 08-07-11, 18:51. Reason: Auto edit by merge post
            Intel i5-2500k 3.465 ~ Asus P8H67-M Pro ~ Mushkin 8gig Ram ~ Corsair 500w ~
            NZXT-Vulcan Case ~ XP Pro 64bit ~ Dell 24" monitor ~ 2X650Gig Sata2 HDs

Comment

Need a p67 or z68 board to OC the CPU really, you have the H67 mate which will support the graphics side of the chip.

If you want to see the Turboboost in CPU-Z you'll need to put the CPU under load, using something like Prime95.

I HAVE a computer. I have a thing for cats.
              Introducing, picard

Comment

Working...
              X