X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i5 750 v i5 2500k

i have a i5 750 cpu

i would like to know if i would benefit much by buying a i5 2500k cpu

if i did buy the i5 2500k cpu would it fit a INTEL DP55WG motherboard ?

thanks

borris12
    Last edited by NickCPC; 30-05-11, 11:31. Reason: Removed trading request

Originally posted by borris12 View Post
    i have a i5 750 cpu

i would like to know if i would benefit much by buying a i5 2500k cpu

if i did buy the i5 2500k cpu would it fit a INTEL DP55WG motherboard ?

also does anyone have a used i5 2500k for sale please ?

thanks

borris12
    i5 750 is 1156.
    i5 2500K is 1155.

So, no.

You'll need an H61, H67, P67 or Z68 motherboard.

Comment

you should notice a difference in performance and even more so when the SB i5 is overclocked however it may be worth holding onto your money as AMD's latest offering is round the corner and could have even better performance than Sandybridge.
      If you did buy a SB i5, you would need a new mobo matey (LGA 1155)

i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

i5 750 v i5 2500k

thanks for your reply

very helpful

borris12

Comment

To be honest for the performance gain you would get I wouldn't really bother just yet. Unless you are using a pair of good graphics cards then the cpu is unlikely to be the limiting factor in games.

Comment

Intel's motherboard scheme is a bit strange as well.

Intel H61 and H67 motherboards allow you to use the integrated graphics on the CPU. If you have a 'k' edition CPU, then it has a better GPU (Intel 3000 vs Intel 2000 on non 'K'). H61 only has 2 RAM slots, H67 has 4. H61 has no RAID, fewer USB ports, and only 4 SATA II ports.

Intel P67 allow you to overclock but not use the integrated graphics. You can only overclock using the multiplier on 'K' edition CPU's. So basically, its always 100 x [multiplier].

Intel Z68 allows you to use the onboard graphics as well as overclock the 'K' editions. It also allows you to switch graphics between the Integrated when not doing much and the graphics card when gaming. There's also SSD caching which means you can use a normal hard drive and use a small capacity SSD (20-80GB) to store recently used files so its quicker. Quite easy to setup too apparently.

Hope that helps you

Have a look here if you want more info/comparison!
            Last edited by Sarky; 30-05-11, 11:08.
            Main Rig: A8 7670k @4.5GHz // Gigabyte F2A88-XM D3H // 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz // Sapphire Nitro R9 380 // Samsung 850 250GB // Samsung F3 500GB // EVGA SuperNOVA 550 G2 // Dell U2312HM // Zowie EC2
            Dell Inspiron 15 Special Edition:
            i7 3612QM // 6GB RAM // 7730M // Samsung 840 250GB // Backlit K/B // 1080p Panel // Soundblaster Evo Wireless

Comment

2500k's overclock like a beast too, so the 2500k is miles better

Comment

Miles better in benchmarking and video encoding etc.
                But in real terms, while gaming, I doubt it would make much of a difference until you get to multigpu, high resolution set ups.

I have a 750 and I feel no need to upgrade for gaming yet. Maybe when BF3 comes out you might notice a difference and I am sure that Arma3 will benefit from the performance too. But I would hold off for a month or two at least.

I havent even felt the need to overclock my i5 750 yet, but thats always an option if you feel more speed is needed.
                Originally posted by coiler
                the trails is where life flows best
                Originally posted by coiler
                Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

With a single high end graphics card or crossfire/SLI with 2 mid-range graphics cards you won't see a difference.

Sandy Bridge only comes into it's own when you really go mental with your graphics performance.

Join the fan page -
                  https://www.facebook.com/SubZeroPcCooling

Comment

Originally posted by Bigian88 View Post
                    you should notice a difference in performance and even more so when the SB i5 is overclocked however it may be worth holding onto your money as AMD's latest offering is round the corner and could have even better performance than Sandybridge.
                    If you did buy a SB i5, you would need a new mobo matey (LGA 1155)

what makes you think the amd cpus will be faster? Should we really wait until they come out and when are they meant to come out please?

Comment

Originally posted by Computer Robot View Post
                      what makes you think the amd cpus will be faster? Should we really wait until they come out and when are they meant to come out please?
                      I have my doubts but BD can support 8 & 16 cores and is widely speculated to have similar performance to SB however all will be revealed when the NDA is lifted and benchmarks are publicised.

Waiting is upto you but you may end up kicking yourself if you upgrade now when a better platform is released weeks later
                      i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

lets all just hope it isn't like Phenom when first released, lots of speculation and not much substance,

but to answer your question, I wouldn't jsut yet, I have an i7 860 (virtually the same as an i5 750) and it's still fine for games, I tend to upgrade evry other generation though, gives you more of a noticable boost, one larger step instead of two almost un-noticable steps

Comment

Working...
                        X