Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to expect a 1100T to overclock to on air ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to expect a 1100T to overclock to on air ?

Just wondering, think stock is 3.3Ghz, get close to 5Ghz for 24/7 use ?

I doubt it, unless you have the best of the batch. For 24/7 use I think you would be looking at 4.2 maybe 4.4 if your lucky.

Comment

They dont seem to overclock like the intel chips then

is i5 generally faster clock for clock ?

Comment

i5 is better clock for clock, sandybridge i5's/i7's are the best just now. I would wait to see Bulldozer though. Could be some serious performance there.

Comment

am looking to build for a gaming rig, will have a good read up

Thanks for your imput mate !

Comment

post your budget mate, plenty of helpful advice available

i5 2500k is the sweet spot atm, but very budget dependant ofc
            --
            Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

Comment

Yeah, just post your budget and we can throw together a wishlist for you.

Comment

Am trying to look to buy from the seconds market to allow my budget to go a bit further

Think I might just buy new tho and go sandybridge and overclock. All tho this new BD AMD chip seems to be creating a buz !

Are these new AMD chips a different chipset ? so need to buy a new expensive motherboard ?

Comment

New chips aren't out yet but they are a new chipset... new boards on pre-order look very reasonably priced indeed
                  http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Compo...900+Chipset%29
                  --
                  Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

Comment

Originally posted by nightrider1470 View Post
                    Just wondering, think stock is 3.3Ghz, get close to 5Ghz for 24/7 use ?

You will reach about 4Ghz safely on air with those chips.

Plus where is the fun in reaching 5Ghz on air ????

Originally posted by coiler
                    Then go all out dogging, after i've finished rimming of course

Comment

You'll get 4Ghz, Maybe 4.1Ghz 24/7 on air.

Only Phenom 2 x6 that I know of that's running 5Ghz 24/7 is under phase cooling.

Join the fan page -
                      https://www.facebook.com/SubZeroPcCooling

Comment

I was only able to get 3.9Ghz out of mine and it wouldnt go any further (even for boot stable) regardless of voltage.

you might be lucky enough to have one that will go to 4Ghz but for 24/7 stable you wouldnt want to be going much more than that
                        i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

Originally posted by Bigian88 View Post
                          I was only able to get 3.9Ghz out of mine and it wouldnt go any further (even for boot stable) regardless of voltage.

you might be lucky enough to have one that will go to 4Ghz but for 24/7 stable you wouldnt want to be going much more than that
                          How was it cooled?

They start to lose stability around 55-60 degrees C according to the guys over at xtremesystems.

My 1075T is underwater and stable at 4.1Ghz and it's heat that causing me to be unstable and fail stability testing at 4.2Ghz.

Join the fan page -
                          https://www.facebook.com/SubZeroPcCooling

Comment

Working...
                          X