How loud is the Corsair H50?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How loud is the Corsair H50?

I got this on impulse, for a low end setup with a i5 2500T and havent had water cooling in a long time is the pump and fan loud?
    Main: 2500K, P67 TUF, 16GB DDR3, ASUS GTX 970 OC, 480GB SSD
    Render: X5650, 24GB ECC DDR3, 8x 64GB SSD
    Server1: Dual L5630, 48GB ECC-Reg DDR3, 120TB
    Server2: E3-1260L, 16GB ECC DDR3, 30TB

I would get a better fan for it mate.

But it totally depends on which one you got as its a bit of a lottery with all in one coolers.

I had one when they first came out and it was noisy and not great at cooling, i've used plenty of Eco's and other H50's and found that its luck if you get a good one.

Fingers crossed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUxoFiFuS_g

Freedom isn't free"

Comment

quiter than a H70, slightly louder than a H60.

Good bang for buck and as El Wayneo says if you change the fan great cooler.
      Originally posted by Aaron
      I want those sweet cherries

Comment

Ok thanks guys, was going to sell it, but think ill get it a try.
        Main: 2500K, P67 TUF, 16GB DDR3, ASUS GTX 970 OC, 480GB SSD
        Render: X5650, 24GB ECC DDR3, 8x 64GB SSD
        Server1: Dual L5630, 48GB ECC-Reg DDR3, 120TB
        Server2: E3-1260L, 16GB ECC DDR3, 30TB

Comment

Originally posted by jammi View Post
          Ok thanks guys, was going to sell it, but think ill get it a try.
          Yeah the one i have now is much better, it was free as well which is always good.

My Core i7 860 idles at 27C on a 3.8ghz OC.

Freedom isn't free"

Comment

The 2500T is a low power model right ? so should be putting out less heat than normal so hopefully you can turn down the fan speed via the bios anyway so long as you plug the H50 fan into the cpu fan header
            --
            Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceboy View Post
              The 2500T is a low power model right ? so should be putting out less heat than normal so hopefully you can turn down the fan speed via the bios anyway so long as you plug the H50 fan into the cpu fan header
              H50 comes with a "ok" fan better than the crap you get on most cases but not the best fan by a long shot there are plenty of decent fans from 7+ these days you can add for better results and in most cases a Push-Pull config makes the H50 as good as most O2 coolers.

The Corsair H range do have a weird thing of the supplied paste is normally better than just about anything else you try which means you need to try and mount it only once.

RIG: i7 2600k 4.9Ghz, P67, FT02 SE, Gigabyte Titan 6GB VRAM, 8GB DDR3, 2TB SSD.
              DISPLAYS: 3D - 1200p 120" 21:9 144Hz 3D DLP 0.1ms, 2D 29" Dell IPS 60Hz 29" 21:9 2560-1080p

Comment

The fan on my H50 is the loudest thing in my case :/
                Play3r | News, Reviews & Competitions

Comment

I've got the Aria version of the H60 and the fan that it came with was ridiculously noisy. It was really the only thing on the whole system that Aria built for me that I could say I was disappointed in.

I have since changed the fan to a Noctua one, but even that is bloody noisy.

Comment

The fan that came with my H50 is quite quiet, I did however replace it with 2 slower Xilence Red Wing fans in a Push/Pull configuration. Quiter & lower temps to boot.
                    Athlon II X4 620 @3.38GHz (260x13), 8GB Gskill Ripjaws, ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO, Sapphire Radeon 5850 1GB CF, Corsair H50-1, Lian-Li PC-A70S (8 Fans total in PC) , Antec True Power New 750W

Comment

Is a push/pull configuration better for temps? My cooler just has a Noctua fan that expels the air but even after spending 15 on that I'm not really happy.

The temps I can live with but I'm a real stickler for noise. I've got the Fractal R3 case and the top fan is very quiet, it's just that one at the rear that sounds like a jet engine.

Comment

Corsair reckon you should be reversing it for best performance mate, have it pulling cool air in from the outside.
                        What that does for the rest of your sys temps is another issue entirely..

Push / pull will always give better results too, simply because it will move more air

Comment

The Corsair fan is pretty loud at full speed in my opinion. If you care about noise, I would swap it for either a quieter fan (with similar performance-important!) or a push-pull setup of two slightly quiter and lesser performing fans, which should give overall slightly better performance. Hope that makes sense. As for fan recommendations, it's a question of budget.

Comment

If it is something that will get rid of the cyclone next to me, then I would pay within reason whatever was needed. I did already swap the fan that came with it for a quieter one, but it wasn't actually any quieter!

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                            X