No announcement yet.

Q6600 idle temps - 57C

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reseat the heatsink and put the computer in the open with the side panel off, if you don't see an improvment in temps then the problem is else were.

Join the fan page -
    https://www.facebook.com/SubZeroPcCooling

Comment

had the same with my mates, cooler is not fitted properly so causing the issue

Comment

Even if the CPU cooler is seating incorrectly, those GPU temps are far too high. In my old PC my Q6600 at 3ghz barely got above 50deg on full load and the graphics card got to about 75 at full load. Idle temps were about 35 for both.

Comment

My Q8300 runs at 48C idle...
          2500k @ Stock | EVGA GTX970 SC | 8GB Corsair LP @ 1600mhz| Noctua NH-D14 | Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3 | Corsair TX850 v2 | Coolermaster HAF X | 27" BenQ GW2765HT @ 2560x1440

Add me on Steam: themanhunt1234

Comment

Originally posted by Themanhunt View Post
            My Q8300 runs at 48C idle...
            The Q8300 is a 45nm chip the Q6600 is a 65nm chip and will run a fair bit warmer.
            I am not losing weight! I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again!

Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional

Comment

Thanks for all responses.

In case you're interested. I fitted a passive heat-sink to my 8800GT today (Arctic Cooling Accelero S1 Rev2) and it lowered the idle temps by around 20 degrees (46C) and the load temps by even more (<65C) when playing Battlefield BC2.

The airflow in the case I have is rubbish. I can work that out even as a complete novice. I fiddled around with a couple of fans today but couldn't lower temps at all.

I'll reseat the CPU heats-sink and fan when the paste comes through and hopefully that will sort the high CPU temps.

Comment

Check for dust on the cpu cooler, sometimes it builds up int eh corners of the cooler and you can't really see it. Also try to be careful about how much thermal paste you apply.

Perhaps the temps are still high because of the time it takes some thermal pastes to cure? (I don't know much about thermal paste so don't abuse me if i'm wrong guys )

Comment

Hmmm.

New thermal paste under the Arctic 7. Same (or thereabouts) temps.

With the side off the pc the temps eek down into the 40s. 46 - 48. nothing like described on here as in the mid-30s.

I guess this means it just runs hot on my MB and that the airflow of the machine truly is rubbish. I'll play around with different fan configs etc and see if I can make any difference but without mod'ing the case (or buying new) then I'm very limited on fan placements.

Anyone know how likely it is to damage the CPU? It runs in the low 70s when gaming,

Comment

My dads Q6600 @3GHz idles at roughly 44 to 48c with an ACF7P. Load temps don't go above 58 though.

The ACF7P's aren't the greatest coolers around for Quads. What sort of voltage is going through your CPU?
                    ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.95 GHz | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 2x8GB @ 3333 MHz C14 | ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 OC | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850w | be quiet! Pure Base 600 Tempered Glass | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920 | ASUS ZenBook UX305F

Comment

Would that be the CPU VCORE?

That's at 1.09 V

Comment

my q6600 at stock using ACF7P & AS5 with little load is sitting at between 31c and 37c with 1.275v
                        i5 2500k/16 gig DDR3 1600 Corsair Vengence LP/Asus P8H77-V-LE/EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked ACX 2.0/Intel X25-V 40gig/SoundBlaster Omni/NZXT Phantom 530 Case/BenQ G2222HDL/G15 Keyboard v1/ Roccat Kone XTC/Windows 10 Pro

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Biodoid

Comment

Maybe I should stop chasing the better temps?

If it's not going to damage the CPU, I'll just accept that it's sub-optimum. But okay.

I looked over some intel CPU documentation but it wasn't easy to work out the safe temps. anyone have a clue?

Comment

If your CPU is only getting 1.09v you either have one of the greatest q6600s ever or it is throttling itself to stop overheating.

Iirc 85c on the cores is about the Max.

If its still that hot with the side off I think your issue isn't airflow, maybe its the heatsink not fitted right, maybe its the heat from your gpu transferring thru the mobo idk but taking the side off should of helped ifit was just the heat trapped in the case.

Lay the case on its back so the open side is facing up and see if that helps any more :s
                            "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
                            Plato

Comment

Originally posted by marsey99 View Post
                              If your CPU is only getting 1.09v you either have one of the greatest q6600s ever or it is throttling itself to stop overheating.
                              Is it the CPU VCORE that I should be looking at?
                              I also have:

+3.3V (3.2V)
                              +5V (4.97)
                              +12V (11.58)
                              +5V VCCH (4.92)
                              VBA (2.96)

Taking the side off did help - just didn't take it down to the 30s as per other people's temps

Comment

Working...
                              X