Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by almighty15 View Post
    I hate you

I get first dibs on her when or if you come to sell..
    Ha one day one day, it is an amazing chip, just loves the cold, I got it stupidly high considering the cooling errors, 4.2 on air (Sarrow) should be more than dooable at low temps as well.
    www.bpwalker.co.uk

Comment

HI Martin, just quick question, my mods are now complete, but its not made tons of difference, I guess the heat is just to much, but one thing I was thinking, is there a setting in the BIOS that will FORCE a particular voltage and make it stick to it, I only ask as according to CPUZ when more load is applied to the processor more volts get fed to it, id rather just set 1.442v for example and LEAVE it but in lynx the board bumps the voltage upto 1.47, I dont want it to do this id rather it leave the volts rocks stable and let me find the lowest volts, I.E. no fluctuation.

EDIT: Seems its LLC option, ill have a look now
      Last edited by combatsquirrel; 09-07-11, 10:45.
      www.bpwalker.co.uk

Comment

There's nothing that can be done with the voltage I'm afraid. Whereas, when I used Gigabyte boards, 1.425v was always 1.425v.

Comment

Set LLC 0% and WOW V DROOP !!, 1.46 in bios, 1.402 in CPUZ dropping to 1.349v under prime 95 load at 4023mhz, saying that so far its not produced an error, 49c load as well at moment at these settings. I'll leave it an hour if it doesn't error then run LYNX for an hour see if that causes errors and up the voltage slightly until its stable, going for the lowest possible volts stable now, temps will be interesting under LYNX.

Added after 4 minutes:

Ha jus restarted no blue screen just restarted, put 50% llc on now 1.409v load now

EDIT: Got rid of prime and just running LYNX now, got it 1.456v set in bios, LLC 50%, LYNX been running 7 mins, voltage in CPUZ reads 1.409v occasionally dipping to 1.396v, load temps are now 59c load by this time in LYNX using old settings it was 71c load.

Settings are 4023mhz core speed
          Bus speed 298
          HT 2086mhz
          ND Frequency 2980mhz
          Last edited by combatsquirrel; 09-07-11, 11:27. Reason: Auto edit by merge post
          www.bpwalker.co.uk

Comment

Pics of the latest mods:

Tight squeeze when built but airflow is very high as its HAFX case

1.4v on dot now LYNX is still running at 28 mins cpu now 64c, NB 45c, SB 35c.
            Last edited by combatsquirrel; 09-07-11, 11:47.
            www.bpwalker.co.uk

Comment

My 1075T does 4Ghz with 1.396v set in BIOS which is about 1.42v in Windows and 1.44v under load.

Join the fan page -
              https://www.facebook.com/SubZeroPcCooling

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                when I used Gigabyte boards, 1.425v was always 1.425v.
                Really? My board its pretty then, I set it to 1.51v in the bios and it regularly drops down to 1.42v underload. LLC is useless too, if i set the voltage to 1.45v in the bios it peaks to 1.56v in windows.
                Last edited by Zaim; 09-07-11, 22:10.
                CPU:Intel I7 3770K 5GHZ |CPU Cooler:Noctua NH D14|RAM:16GB Corsair Vengeance White LP|MB:Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3|GPU:Asus GTX 980 Strix OC|PSU: Corsair AX 750|HDD:2x Corsair 240GB Force GS| 2X WD 2TB Red|Sound Card:Asus Xonar HDAV|Speakers:Sony STR-DN850+Yamaha Speakers+Tannoy TS2.10|Mouse/Keyboard:Corsair K95/M95|Case:Corsair 500R|

Comment

Originally posted by Zaim View Post
                  Really? My board its pretty then, I set it to 1.51v in the bios and it regularly drops down to 1.42v underload. LLC is usless too, if i set the voltage to 1.45v in the bios it peeks to 1.56v in windows.
                  I had a Gigabyte 790FXTA.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaim View Post
                    Really? My board its pretty then, I set it to 1.51v in the bios and it regularly drops down to 1.42v underload. LLC is usless too, if i set the voltage to 1.45v in the bios it peeks to 1.56v in windows.
                    Yep LLC is the only thing that completely and utter ****es me off on my Crooshair 4 Extreme.

Join the fan page -

Comment

Yep LLC is the only thing that completely and utter ****es me off on my Crooshair 4 Extreme.
                      Yeah it is a weird thing, I dont know why they overcomplicated it and didnt just make it rock solid at the required volts, that way we would all have a much better result at overclocking? I guess its for people who are not sure, but still...annoying, stable enough now however, but im seriously thinking of going water cooling to get it to the speeds Martin had it at, it seems to work at those speeds clearly just needs uber cooling, air cooling, even silver arrow isnt enough.
                      www.bpwalker.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by combatsquirrel View Post
                        Yeah it is a weird thing, I dont know why they overcomplicated it and didnt just make it rock solid at the required volts, that way we would all have a much better result at overclocking? I guess its for people who are not sure, but still...annoying, stable enough now however, but im seriously thinking of going water cooling to get it to the speeds Martin had it at, it seems to work at those speeds clearly just needs uber cooling, air cooling, even silver arrow isnt enough.
                        Is it loading at 1.55Vcore?

That's what martin gave it for 4.3Ghz

Join the fan page -

Comment

Is it loading at 1.55Vcore?

That's what martin gave it for 4.3Ghz
                          It was more like 1.525v under load.
                          1.55 never happened, as it would spike to 1.56 which I wasn't happy about.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                            It was more like 1.525v under load.
                            1.55 never happened, as it would spike to 1.56 which I wasn't happy about.
                            Mine hits 1.56v under load but max safe is 1.55v and I'm under water so that tiny bit extra won't hurt anything

Join the fan page -

Comment

Working...
                            X