1055T overclocking?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1055T overclocking?

As title, getting me a 1055T x6 cpu on a crosshair formula IV in a couple of days (managed to pick one up for a reasonable price), and putting 16gb 1600mhz Cas 8 DDR3 ram with it.

What sort of overclocking can I expect out of this CPU ? Will be used with a meghelemns cpu cooler with the AM3+ bracket.
    www.bpwalker.co.uk

Originally posted by combatsquirrel View Post
    As title, getting me a 1055T x6 cpu on a crosshair formula IV in a couple of days (managed to pick one up for a reasonable price), and putting 16gb 1600mhz Cas 8 DDR3 ram with it.

What sort of overclocking can I expect out of this CPU ? Will be used with a meghelemns cpu cooler with the AM3+ bracket.
    I have threads on these boards with the settings if you want them, I also have no issue helping you clock it to get the best.

That money cleared, cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
      I have threads on these boards with the settings if you want them, I also have no issue helping you clock it to get the best.

That money cleared, cheers.
      Sweet matey cheers, out of curiosity what cooler did you use ? im REALLY looking forward to playing with my new system

If could link the relevant threads would be ace, did a search but a million others came up as well! , im hoping it will do 4.1ghz with 16gb ram (although I know more ram will reduce the max stable overclock), also for day to day whats the safest max volts for 45nm?
      Last edited by combatsquirrel; 28-03-11, 13:01.
      www.bpwalker.co.uk

Comment

For better heat and therefore overclock, try getting the 95w TDP one - but you probably won't find it in retail box.
        2500k @ Stock | EVGA GTX970 SC | 8GB Corsair LP @ 1600mhz| Noctua NH-D14 | Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3 | Corsair TX850 v2 | Coolermaster HAF X | 27" BenQ GW2765HT @ 2560x1440

Add me on Steam: themanhunt1234

Comment

Im not sure im assuming its 95W due to its overclocking ability, its revision is PH-E0
          www.bpwalker.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Themanhunt View Post
            For better heat and therefore overclock, try getting the 95w TDP one - but you probably won't find it in retail box.
            It is my 95W... They're OEM only.

I miss it already.

I had it under water cooling, a 120.2 RAD, at the moment it's under a 120.1 RAD.
            Last edited by Martin; 28-03-11, 14:16.

Comment

It is my 95W... They're OEM only.

I miss it already.

I had it under water cooling, a 120.2 RAD, at the moment it's under a 120.1 RAD.

Good stuff, just been readin up on these 95w's, its coming to a good home fear not! It will be used as my main 'do it all always on' PC so will be put to good use, I do extensive photography work in lightroom and CS4 so the multithread goodness is why iv bought it. Iv also started to do alot of video editing in adobe premier elements as well. Again why I got the 16gb ram! lol
              Last edited by combatsquirrel; 28-03-11, 15:11.
              www.bpwalker.co.uk

Comment

You'll have a bang tidy PC for that purpose mate!
                Gaming PC:i5 2500k|MSI Mpower Z77 | Kingston HyperX Grey 8GB 1600MHZ | ThermalTake Frio | MSI 6950 Twin Frozr III 2GB Crossfire | Samsung 840 PRO 250GB SSD | XFX Pro 850W Modular PSU | Corsair 600t Case

Comment

I hope you do treat it well, I've just been offered 260 picked up from a guy in Durham (I assume he's visiting family near by me).

Lets just say, the difference is 40 quid after I've sent off items via RMSD, you're lucky I'm not an ****

Anyways, I left in my 4050MHZ, 1600MHZ, 3GHZ CPU NB profile on.

Comment

I hope you do treat it well, I've just been offered 260 picked up from a guy in Durham (I assume he's visiting family near by me).

Lets just say, the difference is 40 quid after I've sent off items via RMSD, you're lucky I'm not an ****

Anyways, I left in my 4050MHZ, 1600MHZ, 3GHZ CPU NB profile on.
                    Sir is clearly a ledge , sweet profile sounds good for new ram allocation
                    www.bpwalker.co.uk

Comment

4Ghz is pretty much a given, Maybe higher if you can keep the temps in check

Join the fan page -
                      https://www.facebook.com/SubZeroPcCooling

Comment

Sweet, if I can get the NB back up to 3.2ghz again, and any resulting increase in cpu speed from that then ill be very happy, as it is now 4ghz is great, certainly a jump from a 3.46 Q6600 on ddr 2 to 4ghz 6 cores ddr 3
                        www.bpwalker.co.uk

Comment

Your cooler should be sufficient with enough case cooling for a little more than 4ghz

Comment

This arrived according to tracking?

Comment

This arrived according to tracking?
                              More than likely matey ! Im at work so wont be able to confirm that until 5PM, but its more than likely my house mate signed for it as he usually does

Can be handy on occasions having a lazy live in student living in the spare room, cuts my council tax bill by 25% and answers doors for me when im at work
                              www.bpwalker.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X