• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Khan
    started a topic High CPU Temperature Causing PC to Slow Down

High CPU Temperature Causing PC to Slow Down

Hi,

I noticed my computer running slow for past few days, i was getting low fps, i thought it was my GPU. But i checked the temp today using http://openhardwaremonitor.org/ and in my bios my CPU is showing as 97-99 `C consistently.

Ive noticed my closed water cooling system has been making a lot of noise recently as if im doing something which is very CPU intensive. I checked my CPU usage in task manager and its usual idling speeds 5/6 %

This high CPU temp is most likely the cause of my slow computer?, How can resolve this issue? is it caused by my fan?

This is my fan - https://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Comp...roductId=62826

https://imgur.com/a/XHGTr
    https://imgur.com/a/zi9Gk

https://imgur.com/a/aWo7k
    Last edited by Khan; 10-01-18, 20:55.

• DoubleTop
    replied
    if the cooler unit is under the manufacturers warranty and you sent back to Aria, I think (don't hold me to this), that Aria have 30 working days to respond with a remedy. This can mean Aria test the part, send the part back to distributor and then there is a 30 day from distributor back to Aria - depending on the test time this means it then goes over the Aria time. In this case, as a consumer you can either go strict on Aria or be nice and wait a little while longer. Every case is then different with who credits whom or provides replacements. Please do get in touch with customer service, I have to say that all calls I make to Aria are answered, but I am calling mid afternoon in most cases so as to avoid lunchtime rush.

In cases where I have had items fail under manufacturer warranty, it depends on the manufacturer whether I go back to the retailer or direct to manufacturer as they all deal with it in different levels of customer care.

DT.

Leave a comment:

• Bing
    replied
    There's no point worrying about it, and little point in getting it repaired. Just replace it with another cooler and you'll be good to go. As already suggested, the pump has almost definitely failed and unless wherever you sent it to can recondition or fit a new pump (which will cost more than the unit is worth) you might as well just replace it.

There's also the possibility that enough of the coolant has permeated through the tubing over the years, in such minute doses to not be apparent, that there's now an 'airlock' in the pump, which would also give you the same symptoms. Either way, it's new cooler time.

Remember kids: AIO's aren't for life, they're just for Christmas.

Leave a comment:

• Khan
    replied
    Just an update on this. i sent it in for repair on the 15th of January. I've phoned twice now but no one was able to tell me the status of my computer. This Thursday will be 1 month since i took it in.

When should i be worried :/

Leave a comment:

• BigIan88
    replied
    Just to add, the evaporation bit also affects custom built water cooling loops too, not just AIO's. I have to top mine up every few months as I lose about an inch of water from the res.

Leave a comment:

• Khan
    replied
    Originally posted by k3vst3r View Post
    Common problem with the aio is the liquid inside evaporates overtime, once you lose fluid the pump starts to overheat an burn out causing it to fail, probably what's happened to yours.
    Ye perhaps :/ , i sent it in for RMA last monday not heard anything back yet.

Leave a comment:

• k3vst3r
    replied
    Common problem with the aio is the liquid inside evaporates overtime, once you lose fluid the pump starts to overheat an burn out causing it to fail, probably what's happened to yours.

Leave a comment:

• DoubleTop
    replied
    https://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Comp...roductId=67843

Still, after being around for so long, this is still my air cooler of choice. Be careful on the height and the available width of your case though.

Leave a comment:

• luke22
    replied
    if you replaced the cooling you could reuse the fans from the rad to fill the case. you might find that they work better than those which come with the new cooler and use them on it and put those fans in the case instead?

the more you have posted make me think it is the pump which has failed more

sorry dude.

Leave a comment:

• Khan
    replied
    Originally posted by DoubleTop View Post
    you need a new CPU cooler from those photos it all looks nice and clean.

What Ghz is your CPU running at? The CPU will do the best to keep working by lowering speeds when it gets too hot, but the root cause I would suspect is your pumpm based on experience of also having Seidon pumps fail.

If you're struggling with getting the cooler aligned, I would also advise that you have someone look at doing the replacement for you.
    MAx speed is 4ghz. Utilizing around 1-2 just browsing. ive already reapplied the paste and fitted it back in. Problem still exists.

Leave a comment:

• k3vst3r
    replied
    aio only tend to last about 3 years anyway before they pack in.

Leave a comment:

• DoubleTop
    replied
    you need a new CPU cooler from those photos it all looks nice and clean.

What Ghz is your CPU running at? The CPU will do the best to keep working by lowering speeds when it gets too hot, but the root cause I would suspect is your pumpm based on experience of also having Seidon pumps fail.

If you're struggling with getting the cooler aligned, I would also advise that you have someone look at doing the replacement for you.

Leave a comment:

• Khan
    replied
    Originally posted by Aaron View Post
    There were some videos doing the rounds a few years ago which showed CPUs with no heatsinks on them hitting ~200C in a matter of seconds - before the POST stage of booting up had even completed. So it's very very easy for a CPU to hit that temperature, especially if you're running any sort of program.
    So it could stil just be my cooler. My computer has been on for 2+ hours now with no restart, but temperature is still high. I touched the pipes closer to the cpu and they seem hot aswell.

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    There were some videos doing the rounds a few years ago which showed CPUs with no heatsinks on them hitting ~200C in a matter of seconds - before the POST stage of booting up had even completed. So it's very very easy for a CPU to hit that temperature, especially if you're running any sort of program.

Leave a comment:

• Khan
    replied
    Is there a chance that, the CPU itself might have an issue?

It seems unlikely to me that after 10 minutes the CPU gets that hot, without doing much on the computer just browsing. Or is that definably possible given my specs. Intel core i7 4790K 4.4ghz.

maybe rma?
    Last edited by Khan; 11-01-18, 18:03.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X