High CPU Temperature Causing PC to Slow Down

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigIan88 View Post
    Line all 4 screws in to position without tightening them, that'll tell you if its the inside or outside hole on the moun that should be used. It should have instructions that will tell you which hole fits which socket.
    I dont know where the instructions are been trying to align this for some time now

Comment

Best way to approach this in that case is fit one corner screw in the hole closest to the CPU, then do the same in the opposite corner. If that 2nd screw doesnt allign to the inside hole, you'll need to use the outside ones.
      i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

Just checked the manual online (http://www.coolermaster.com/xresserv...10003716d.html) and they go in the middle hole for socket 1150 (see figure 4)
        i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

Originally posted by BigIan88 View Post
          Just checked the manual online (http://www.coolermaster.com/xresserv...10003716d.html) and they go in the middle hole for socket 1150 (see figure 4)
          Yep i found out after trial and error they went in the middle, managed to reinstall it.

Bad news: Temperature is still really high 95+, and my computer just keep restarting or shutting down on its own now.... restarts every 2-5 mins.

Why is it restarting on its own? What should i do next?

(Btw the pump seems to vibrate a little, but the actual block doesn’t) - from what i can tell
          Last edited by Khan; 11-01-18, 14:25.

Comment

Is there a chance that, the CPU itself might have an issue?

It seems unlikely to me that after 10 minutes the CPU gets that hot, without doing much on the computer just browsing. Or is that definably possible given my specs. Intel core i7 4790K 4.4ghz.

maybe rma?
            Last edited by Khan; 11-01-18, 18:03.

Comment

There were some videos doing the rounds a few years ago which showed CPUs with no heatsinks on them hitting ~200C in a matter of seconds - before the POST stage of booting up had even completed. So it's very very easy for a CPU to hit that temperature, especially if you're running any sort of program.

Originally posted by coiler
              Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
                There were some videos doing the rounds a few years ago which showed CPUs with no heatsinks on them hitting ~200C in a matter of seconds - before the POST stage of booting up had even completed. So it's very very easy for a CPU to hit that temperature, especially if you're running any sort of program.
                So it could stil just be my cooler. My computer has been on for 2+ hours now with no restart, but temperature is still high. I touched the pipes closer to the cpu and they seem hot aswell.

Comment

you need a new CPU cooler from those photos it all looks nice and clean.

What Ghz is your CPU running at? The CPU will do the best to keep working by lowering speeds when it gets too hot, but the root cause I would suspect is your pumpm based on experience of also having Seidon pumps fail.

If you're struggling with getting the cooler aligned, I would also advise that you have someone look at doing the replacement for you.
                  Please see thread, here for how post reports are dealt with.
                  Forum Guidelines here

Comment

aio only tend to last about 3 years anyway before they pack in.

4770k @ 4.6, XSPC Raystorm, Avexir 4x4GB 2400MHz, ASUS Z87 Maximus Hero VI, Tri-fire 290x/290x/290 Reference EK 290X CSQ Full Nickel Blocks, Alphacool 240 ST-30, Alphacool 360 ST-30, Asus Xonar, Alphacool D5, Corsair AX 1200i, Carbide 540

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleTop View Post
                      you need a new CPU cooler from those photos it all looks nice and clean.

What Ghz is your CPU running at? The CPU will do the best to keep working by lowering speeds when it gets too hot, but the root cause I would suspect is your pumpm based on experience of also having Seidon pumps fail.

If you're struggling with getting the cooler aligned, I would also advise that you have someone look at doing the replacement for you.
                      MAx speed is 4ghz. Utilizing around 1-2 just browsing. ive already reapplied the paste and fitted it back in. Problem still exists.

Comment

if you replaced the cooling you could reuse the fans from the rad to fill the case. you might find that they work better than those which come with the new cooler and use them on it and put those fans in the case instead?

the more you have posted make me think it is the pump which has failed more

sorry dude.
                        "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
                        Plato

Comment

https://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Comp...roductId=67843

Still, after being around for so long, this is still my air cooler of choice. Be careful on the height and the available width of your case though.
                          Please see thread, here for how post reports are dealt with.
                          Forum Guidelines here

Comment

Common problem with the aio is the liquid inside evaporates overtime, once you lose fluid the pump starts to overheat an burn out causing it to fail, probably what's happened to yours.

4770k @ 4.6, XSPC Raystorm, Avexir 4x4GB 2400MHz, ASUS Z87 Maximus Hero VI, Tri-fire 290x/290x/290 Reference EK 290X CSQ Full Nickel Blocks, Alphacool 240 ST-30, Alphacool 360 ST-30, Asus Xonar, Alphacool D5, Corsair AX 1200i, Carbide 540

Comment

Originally posted by k3vst3r View Post
                              Common problem with the aio is the liquid inside evaporates overtime, once you lose fluid the pump starts to overheat an burn out causing it to fail, probably what's happened to yours.
                              Ye perhaps :/ , i sent it in for RMA last monday not heard anything back yet.

Comment

Just to add, the evaporation bit also affects custom built water cooling loops too, not just AIO's. I have to top mine up every few months as I lose about an inch of water from the res.

Comment

Working...
                                X