Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leaked Intel 8th-gen CPU (new mobo series confirmed)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaked Intel 8th-gen CPU (new mobo series confirmed)

So with the leaked news about the new Intel 8th-Gen stuff in the pipeline I think I've found the perfect time to upgrade!

I've been itching to upgrade my i5-2500K setup which would of course need a new mobo and ram etc anyway, thankfully I held off long enough to hear this news!

So I shall be waiting with cash in hand for the new gear to drop!

Source: http://www.techradar.com/news/leaked...ew-motherboard
    Intel i5-2500K @ 4GHz | 8GB DDR3 | ASUS GTX 970 | 500GB 850 EVO | Corsair H60 | Fractal Define S | Corsair SP2500 2.1 | ASUS 29" 2560x1080 IPS

Twitter / Instagram / YouTube

for those on older platforms i agree it is about to be a great time to upgrade as these and ryzen will both offer a great step in performance compared to the tick tock of the last few gen.

but for those of us already on 1151 socket systems needing a new mobo is something of a kick in the groin
    "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
    Plato

Comment

Originally posted by luke22 View Post
      for those on older platforms i agree it is about to be a great time to upgrade as these and ryzen will both offer a great step in performance compared to the tick tock of the last few gen.

but for those of us already on 1151 socket systems needing a new mobo is something of a kick in the groin
      I can see how that would be frustrating for you guys already on 1151, especially since this new 8th-Gen stuff is apparently the same socket but with only a slightly revised pin payout.
      Intel i5-2500K @ 4GHz | 8GB DDR3 | ASUS GTX 970 | 500GB 850 EVO | Corsair H60 | Fractal Define S | Corsair SP2500 2.1 | ASUS 29" 2560x1080 IPS

Comment

more so when the first "leaks" were done on the same platform already on sale
        "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
        Plato

Comment

First person to make an adaptor to allow 8th gen CPUs to be able to fit current gen sockets will be on to a winner,...

Originally posted by coiler
          Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

I have an i7-920 & an i7-3770 that both need upgrading. I think i will re-use the 3770 in the desktop and get a new system for the gaming PC...and a 1080ti when they come down in price

Originally posted by Aria
            On reflection though, as I am taking a bath, listening to "Rain of blessing-vajra chant" while typing on the iPad

Comment

For those thinking of upgrading older tech, you may find this interesting reading

https://www.techspot.com/review/1474...r-budget-cpus/

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk

I am not losing weight! I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again!

Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by wonderlust View Post
                For those thinking of upgrading older tech, you may find this interesting reading

https://www.techspot.com/review/1474...r-budget-cpus/
                or if you're too lazy to read this video covers the same info, why steve is great!!!!

https://youtu.be/_jiXkrRoD4w

should note that 4.4ghz is not a great oc on either the 25k or fx8 chips. tbh i would consider them both the minimum you could get. but it comes as no shock that ipc wins over cores for gaming
                Plato

Comment

Originally posted by luke22 View Post

or if you're too lazy to read this video covers the same info, why steve is great!!!!

https://youtu.be/_jiXkrRoD4w

should note that 4.4ghz is not a great oc on either the 25k or fx8 chips. tbh i would consider them both the minimum you could get. but it comes as no shock that ipc wins over cores for gaming
                  I've got mine OCd to 4GHz already, would I be safe upping that to 4.4Ghz on an H60 or should I be looking at a bigger rad for that?

That review might have just saved me a whole load of money. lol

Comment

sandy was the last soldered chip so i would guess it is still running cool? the net is full of guides on what to do/not do with sandy.

just keep an eye on your temps and watch for thermal throttle. that is when you know you have too much voltage
                    Plato

Comment

Another new motherboard required for the same socket design. Another boring Intel release that no one cares for. Moving on...
                      ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.95 GHz | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 2x8GB @ 3333 MHz C14 | ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 OC | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850w | be quiet! Pure Base 600 Tempered Glass | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920 | ASUS ZenBook UX305F

Comment

On bright side sounds like Zen+ 7nm will pop into current boards with simple bios update.

4770k @ 4.6, XSPC Raystorm, Avexir 4x4GB 2400MHz, ASUS Z87 Maximus Hero VI, Tri-fire 290x/290x/290 Reference EK 290X CSQ Full Nickel Blocks, Alphacool 240 ST-30, Alphacool 360 ST-30, Asus Xonar, Alphacool D5, Corsair AX 1200i, Carbide 540

Comment

That it will. Hopefully the 15% IPC increase will also coincide with a better OC potential.
                          ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.95 GHz | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 2x8GB @ 3333 MHz C14 | ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 OC | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850w | be quiet! Pure Base 600 Tempered Glass | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920 | ASUS ZenBook UX305F

Comment

i hope they get a better clocking revision out on this gen before going to the + tbh
                            Plato

Comment

Hopefully they do like G0 version of the Q6600, but for Ryzen.

4770k @ 4.6, XSPC Raystorm, Avexir 4x4GB 2400MHz, ASUS Z87 Maximus Hero VI, Tri-fire 290x/290x/290 Reference EK 290X CSQ Full Nickel Blocks, Alphacool 240 ST-30, Alphacool 360 ST-30, Asus Xonar, Alphacool D5, Corsair AX 1200i, Carbide 540

Comment

Working...
                              X