• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which coolant?

My ebay bargain arrived yesterday,

A Swiftech H20-120 Compact...

It was supplied with out any coolant.

What is the best stuff to use?
    I am not losing weight! I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again!

Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional

In my experience they all cool around the same but I've only really tried 3-4 brands and some DI water. If I was to choose, DI water is the cheapest and can be easily sourced and will do the job.
    i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

mayhem xt1 concentrate in di is the best i have used, and i spent way too much money playing with fluids xD

nearly 3 years (i think, been a while xD) on and my loop is still clear and cool

don't use just di water, **** will grow in it and gunk it up.
      "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
      Plato

Comment

As long as you wack a biocide in there, that will prevent anything building up for a while (or use a silver coil)
        i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

Working...
        X