No announcement yet.

Corsair Spec 01 case standoff missing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corsair Spec 01 case standoff missing?

Hello there,

I've removed my motherboard from my case to send it back for a refund, only noticing that a standoff is missing. This would not have affected me before as I was using a mATX board before, now I am using a full sized ATX board. Will this be okay, Cheers, qwertyK

What motherboard are you sending back, thought you were looking at Skylake and i3's?

You only need standoffs in enough areas to support the board, or you can even add plastic feet standoffs from ebay.
    Originally posted by Aaron
    I want those sweet cherries

Comment

I sent back my ASUS M5A8LM USB 3.0 and FX6300 as they were bad, I'm looking at what new CPU/MOBO I should get.

Comment

Also, the motherboard I am looking at is this one, from Aria PC of course :-) http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Compo...roductId=64363

Comment

Using old memory? DDR4 is pretty cheap at the mo

Comment

These are handy

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10x-6-5mm-...-/221783536187

and

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pack-of-10...-/191555587435

Comment

I know but this is the cheapest Z170 board I can find and I don't want to throw out a perfectly good stick of RAM. I saw Custom PC use the 6100t with DDR3 memory in an HTPC build.

Just thought the board supports it, so the CPU would.

Comment

ps. heres the ddr3 which will work with that Asus board

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/...3_DRAM_QVL.pdf

Comment

What would happen if I did not put the standoffs in? I think I have a few lying around in my bits box.

Comment

Really depends which standoff will be missing, if the one next to memory is, i'd move one from elsewhere, basically you want the board supported where you'll push down on it, fitting memory etc

Comment

The one missing is a black one, some are gold. I have a spare gold one, will this be okay?

Comment

Do you know if the HyperX FURY Blue 1x8GB 1600mhz will work? Cheers, I struggle reading lots of numbers written in small fonts.

Comment

Originally posted by qwertyK View Post
                          The one missing is a black one, some are gold. I have a spare gold one, will this be okay?
                          Colour won't matter. Coiler's comment on the position is more important.

If there is any risk that the missing standoff allows the MB to hit the case, and short circuit something, worry.

Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus Z-170-K + Intel i5-6500 + 512GB Samsung M.2 PCI-e SSD + 16GB DDR4 2400MHz Memory
                          Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus M5A88-M EVO + AMD Phenom II X6 + 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600 + Radeon HD 6450
                          Win 10 Home 32-bit + Asus M2N-SLI DeLuxe + AMD Athlon 64 X2, Dual Core 5400 + 4.0 GB Memory + NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

Comment

Yeah, I have two spare standoffs, one actually came with the case, so I'll put one there.

Comment

Originally posted by qwertyK View Post
                              Yeah, I have two spare standoffs, one actually came with the case, so I'll put one there.
                              Thats the idea, when you build a PC only to use standoffs for board your fitting, so the spare ones are exactly for that purpose, to use when fitting a bigger board

Comment

Working...
                              X