No announcement yet.

PC too loud!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right, after doing some elimination/research, I've decided to go for another fan controller and see if it improves my issue, worst comes to worse I can just return it anyway.

I definitely need most fans connected during gaming, and I'm fine with the heat/noise situation I have during intensive use. But my cooling to noise ratio during idle is waaaay too high
    Phanteks Enthoo Pro | i7-5280K | H55 | Asus Sabertooth X99 | EVGA 780 ACX SLI | 16GB Corsair LP DDR4 | 750W Corsair CX PSU | SAMSUNG EVO 250GB | Seagate 2TB HDD | DT 770 Pro | Logitech G600 | Corsair K95

Comment

Having fans in front of other fans does not necessarily improve cooling or airflow. It's know within automotive aerodynamics it does not help and has been tried a few times before. The 120mm at the front is bringing in all the air is can but because the 2 x 120mm's are there it creates an area of high pressure in the front section of the case. I would remove the 2 x 120's, It would cut down the noise and i bet wont change your temps at all. Or move the 120's to the front but they will always be louder than a single 200mm

Originally posted by Aria
      On reflection though, as I am taking a bath, listening to "Rain of blessing-vajra chant" while typing on the iPad

Comment

Originally posted by M4T VW View Post
        Having fans in front of other fans does not necessarily improve cooling or airflow. It's know within automotive aerodynamics it does not help and has been tried a few times before. The 120mm at the front is bringing in all the air is can but because the 2 x 120mm's are there it creates an area of high pressure in the front section of the case. I would remove the 2 x 120's, It would cut down the noise and i bet wont change your temps at all. Or move the 120's to the front but they will always be louder than a single 200mm
        Yeah, I know, however at the moment, I'm running without the 200mm, as it's waaaay too loud on the fan controller, thus they're temporarily there as intakes
        Phanteks Enthoo Pro | i7-5280K | H55 | Asus Sabertooth X99 | EVGA 780 ACX SLI | 16GB Corsair LP DDR4 | 750W Corsair CX PSU | SAMSUNG EVO 250GB | Seagate 2TB HDD | DT 770 Pro | Logitech G600 | Corsair K95

Comment

Is it the fan that's too loud, or vibration it's setting up in the case walls?

My NZXT case has the same issue (aside from the NZXT fans themselves being shite quality anyway) - if you turn the front 200mm fan up over about 40% it sets up a resonance with the side panels and makes a damned annoying low-frequency rumble.

Comment

New fan controller in, can turn the fans off! Absolute bliss when browsing!

However, for some reason I couldn't get another EVGA bios to flash on my loudest card (The one limited to 39% as opposed to 29%), whereas a Gigabyte Windforce one worked perfectly

Comment

Working...
            X