Fan controller with software

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fan controller with software

I'm after a fan controller with software for custom fan/temp profiles and DC regulation (or 3 pin PWM capable), mainly because I've got about 5 fans on splitters now to deal with the lack of fan headers on my mobo, and now I've run out of power on the headers with a pair of new radiator fans to control.

I don't want one with external controls as I'd like them to ramp up automatically, but all the fans are different sizes and models so ideally the software should do individual profiles, although not essential.

The NZXT Grid+ V2 looks perfect (and will fit where my current NZXT splitter is), but it appears nobody carrys them in the UK yet, any alternatives?

Aquaero. Been a while since I've got mine so I can't tell you everything it can do but I can say it's been rock solid for me.
    Intel i5 3570k - ASRock Z77E-ITX - Corsair H100i - Exceleram 8GB 1600MHz - 2x Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB SSD - Samsung 840EVO 1TB SSD - Asus 960 Strix - Silverstone 500W SFX-L - NCASE M1 - Dell U2414H
    Lenovo Yoga 11S - Intel i3 3229Y - 128GB SSD - Intel HD4000 - 11.6" IPS Screen

Comment

You nearly gave me heart attack there when I saw the price of a v6 Pro.

Comment

Pahahaha, got the 5 LT which is board only, I think cost me about 45. Plug it in, set up the software and then no need to have it hooked up to USB anymore
        Intel i5 3570k - ASRock Z77E-ITX - Corsair H100i - Exceleram 8GB 1600MHz - 2x Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB SSD - Samsung 840EVO 1TB SSD - Asus 960 Strix - Silverstone 500W SFX-L - NCASE M1 - Dell U2414H
        Lenovo Yoga 11S - Intel i3 3229Y - 128GB SSD - Intel HD4000 - 11.6" IPS Screen

Comment

On account of getting a 29.95 yeebay voucher, and the V2 grid being 29.95....there's one arriving at 6pm

Comment

The build quality of the unit is excellent, the fan software....well, it works well enough, but it's a little clunky for initial setup. And it doesn't pick my 7970 up for control of the fans on there
            Other than that, quite impressed with it. Oh, and the velcro it comes with for mounting behind the motherboard case? They supply 2 pads in case you need a spare. Don't use them. Put them on your boots instead and you can walk on the ceiling. They are unbelievably sticky, I heard the unit creak the first time I tried to unvelcro it.

Comment

Bug fix just came down and it now finds my 7970 and controls fans based on GPU temp properly. Perfect bit of kit for those wanting something like this. I can't even hear the PC at idle now, and that's impressive, because I've cushioned the top of the case and I use it as a seat, so it's kinda close by

Comment

Originally posted by PhillipM View Post
                Bug fix just came down and it now finds my 7970 and controls fans based on GPU temp properly. Perfect bit of kit for those wanting something like this. I can't even hear the PC at idle now, and that's impressive, because I've cushioned the top of the case and I use it as a seat, so it's kinda close by
                Pictures are mandatory.

Comment

Working...
                X