high flow 120mm rear fan?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• olivaughan
    started a topic high flow 120mm rear fan?

high flow 120mm rear fan?

I've been having a few issues recently with heat build-up in my case since getting my 290x and the majority of this seems to centre around the case not being able to exhaust the heat quick enough. (rear of the case around the exhaust gets HOT) I'm currently using a AF140 and AF120 as inputs and a Noctua redux fan as the single exhaust, I'd attach a photo but I can't get one right now.

Am I likely to actually be able to exhaust this heat any quicker using a different fan?
    Last edited by olivaughan; 03-07-15, 19:05.

• f12f12
    replied
    i would test by leaving the side of the case off and see if it still overheats.

just what problems are you getting though?

Leave a comment:

• FunkY
    replied
    See if you can pick up a Scythe Kaze Jyuni 1900rpm. They're not the quietest of fans by any stretch of the imagination (think small jet engine taking off), but they move a LOT of air (off the top of my head I think it was 120 cubic foot per minute). You'll probably find yourself taking it out in winter when it's not needed, and putting back in when it warms up again

Just checked. Not 120, 110:

Air volume at full speed (12V), CFM 10% 110.3
    I'm fairly certain you could build a small hovercraft with them
    Last edited by FunkY; 05-07-15, 13:32.

Leave a comment:

• BUDFORCE
    replied
    I wont make a hell of a lot of difference, but the Corsair high air flow fans seem to put out the highest air flow.

Yeah i mean in real terms aint gonna make much of a difference really but if you wana get anal about it the corsair high air flow ones seem to be the best.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X