H100i Loud startup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H100i Loud startup

Hey all, recently my Girlfriends PC has begun to be pretty loud on startup. I stopped all case fans and found that it must be the h100i.

It doesn't stop after boot, it can sometimes keep going for upto 10 minutes before it randomly stops - Also I am not sure if the logo is supposed to be red on the cpu.

Does anyone know if there is something I can do to resolve this?

Very interesting video of the action!
    Intel i7 3770k @4.5GHz | ASUS Sabertooth z77 | 16GB Mushkin 2400MHz RAM | 120GB Samsung Evo for OS | 240GB Mushkin SSD | 2TB Barracuda SATA III | MSI GTX 980 4G Twin Frozr V | Corsair H80 | CM Storm Enforcer Case | Razer Naga Molten | Corsair K70 Red Switches | Blue Yeti Mic | Microsoft Lifecam Studio

Sounds like a bad pump to me.
    If its still under warrenty - corsair.force.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mebby View Post
      Sounds like a bad pump to me.
      If its still under warrenty - corsair.force.com
      Will I need any documentation as proof? - Not sure if I kept any of the packaging for the build -.-

It was only built in June last year.
      Intel i7 3770k @4.5GHz | ASUS Sabertooth z77 | 16GB Mushkin 2400MHz RAM | 120GB Samsung Evo for OS | 240GB Mushkin SSD | 2TB Barracuda SATA III | MSI GTX 980 4G Twin Frozr V | Corsair H80 | CM Storm Enforcer Case | Razer Naga Molten | Corsair K70 Red Switches | Blue Yeti Mic | Microsoft Lifecam Studio

Comment

100% coming from the h100i?..

have you checked the psu fan? (only asking as case looks like a bitfenix prodigy and the psu sits below the motherboard so sound could be coming from there)

(yes the logo on the h100i should be red, It can be changed to any colour you like via software)
        Last edited by Alfizzle; 06-04-15, 11:56.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfizzle View Post
          100% coming from the h100i?..

have you checked the psu fan? (only asking as case looks like a bitfenix prodigy and the psu sits below the motherboard so sound could be coming from there)

(yes the logo on the h100i should be red, It can be changed to any colour you like via software)
          Yep checked PSU fan and all is good. I'm currently trying to get her PC as silent as possible too and this isn't a good start

Comment

same noise the Seidon I had fail made, before a complete pump fail and system shutdown due to overheating
            Please see thread, here for how post reports are dealt with.
            Forum Guidelines here

Comment

Most definitely the pump then, just get in touch with corsair and they will sort it out.

Did you buy it on-line?... If Corsair ask for purchase proof, most places will let you print out invoices for previously purchased items.

Comment

Originally posted by Rektolisk View Post
                Will I need any documentation as proof? - Not sure if I kept any of the packaging for the build -.-

It was only built in June last year.
                Just a receipt needed, most places will let you download one.

You can get an advanced replacement if you give them credit card details to.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfizzle View Post
                  Most definitely the pump then, just get in touch with corsair and they will sort it out.

Did you buy it on-line?... If Corsair ask for purchase proof, most places will let you print out invoices for previously purchased items.
                  Yep got it from Aria, there is the option to download the invoice which is handy. Cheers.

Comment

I'd be looking to isolate it as much as possible, unplug all fans first, then get a known good one and connect that to the CPU cooler socket so the board senses a fan present, then fire it up and see if the noise is still there, if it is, and if you can rule out the PSU fan by some means (careful listening) then it's the pump, i know others have said for a very brief period you can stop the PsU fan spinning by jamming it, but i'd do that as a last resort.

If the noise stops when you've pulled all the fans, then obviously its a fan bearing.... i've seen these be both fan and pump, so bes to check, although from the video audio, i'd be inclined to think pump

"Finally, we will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary"
                    - EPIC EULA M$ !...... thanks, but no thanks! - GWX Control Panel

Comment

oh, and the colour on the tp of the pump, yes that's normal, as said the software can be used to control it, and i think it can now be used to change colour based on CPU temp, although i could be wrong about that

"Finally, we will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary"
                      - EPIC EULA M$ !...... thanks, but no thanks! - GWX Control Panel

Comment

Working...
                      X