Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A good quality 140mm quad rad and pumps....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A good quality 140mm quad rad and pumps....

What would anyone suggest?

I'd like to try a 140mm rad setup and I know a few people here use the Monsta rads but I was just wondering as I can't really seem to find any up to date reviews on rads, whats the best out there?

I'm looking to buy two new pumps and res's as well, to go with the new rads. I was considering the EK tops with the 18w square pumps as I currently have.

Fans I'm a little unsure on but I think I'll be choosing Noctua (I hope that's spelt right!!) but if anyone else has some different idea's I'd love to hear them

Scrapyard for a car radiator sounds like it might fit the bill

Comment

That's just silly talk I'm wanting to put it in a case somehow!!

Comment

Build the case around it, use it as a side panel

Comment

Might sound silly, but if you've got a big enough case it's doable:

Why did the chicken cross the road?
          To get away from the Canadian poultry farmer with loose trousers.

Comment

http://www.overclock.net/t/1406363/b...ling-2013/0_50

some great info on there dude
            "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
            Plato

Comment

What have I just seen?
              ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.95 GHz | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 2x8GB @ 3333 MHz C14 | ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 OC | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850w | be quiet! Pure Base 600 Tempered Glass | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920 | ASUS ZenBook UX305F

Comment

I don't know if I can ever unsee that What are you cooling with that setup and what's your temps like??

I'm trying to build the cooling inside the case, I'd rather not have something stuck outside of it if I can...

I think I'll buy the rads and see the sort of size I'll need for it.. I have some acrylic here I can use to get a rough idea.. Should be well, interesting

Question is tho.... What rads to go for? What's best these days??

Comment

Originally posted by marsey99 View Post
                  Since when are jubilee clips called worm drives? They use a worm gear, but I've never heard of them being called a worm drive before
                  Why did the chicken cross the road?
                  To get away from the Canadian poultry farmer with loose trousers.

Comment

silly americans dude.

they dont even know what a jubilee clip is xD
                    "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
                    Plato

Comment

Who uses jubilee clips for that anyway, there's a sheload of constant tension clips these days that are much better for soft hosing. And if you need something beefy, you use a Mikalor bolt up clamp....

Comment

I don't bother using anything at all Bit of boiling water in a cup, tube in the water for a few seconds, push over barb, job done

Comment

Living life a bit too close to the edge for me there!

Comment

Not had a leaking doing it that way yet (Touches head very quickly and runs a mile........) lol I guess I'll find out tomorrow if I get any issues

Comment

That's how I do it too. I've never had a leak either.

Although, if you are strong enough, you can force it on. It'll never leak other than out of the barb itself if there's a poor connection to the block and it isn't sealed properly.
                              ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.95 GHz | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 2x8GB @ 3333 MHz C14 | ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 OC | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850w | be quiet! Pure Base 600 Tempered Glass | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920 | ASUS ZenBook UX305F

Comment

Working...
                              X