Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fans / Mobo headers

Hi knowledgeable folk,

how many PWM fans can I run (safely) off one header?

I know my mobo only supports PWM off the CPU_FAN header, but ideally I want all teh fans to be PWM.

I currently have 3 running off it (2 on the CPU cooler, one exhaust on the rear) but I'm wondering if I can stick another two (intakes) on there too??

I'm done with messing around with fan controller and such. I just want everything automagic
    Originally posted by coiler
    He'll have the local FBI round his house with all that hash!
    Originally posted by BigIan88
    turn off that sexy nonsense
    Originally posted by Salad Soup
    turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

I thought it was only safe to run 2 fans off a single header :s

Are you sure you only have the one header that automatically controls fan speed? My now getting on abit asrock z68 board has 3!

CPU 4 pin
    CPU 3 pin
    Chassis 4 pin.

All are able to control the fan speed dependent on CPU temperature.
    i7 2600K @ 4.5| Asrock Z68 Extreme4| 16GB 1866Mhz Crucial Ballistix |AMD R9 290| 120GB SSD |Win7 64bit

Comment

I'm sure you used to be able to get pwm splitters where only the pwm signal comes from the cpu fan header and the power comes from a molex, might be worth a look.

Comment

depends more on the board than anything tbh.

and the fan, some faster fans will use more juice than many slower ones for eg.
        "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
        Plato

Comment

Depends on the fan consumption and what the header supports, it'll tell you in your mobo manual. I'm running 4 fans off one header on my Asus board for example, and it still has some headroom, but they're all slow speed, low power fans.

Comment

Working...
          X