Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antec P380 Case - incoming!

Hi guys.

With stock landing in January the new Antec P380 chassis is now up available for pre-order.

Antec P380 Performance Series Full Tower Case - Black/GunMetal

With its simplicity and elegance, the P380 is a successful blend of the stylish design, sophisticated cooling and proven Quiet Computing features of Antec's award-winning Performance One enclosure series. Like all models in the series, the P380 is equipped with double-layered noise-dampening side panels, creating a system that is almost inaudible even when the fans are spinning at a high speed. With roomy interior, the P380 is compatible with CEB and standard ATX motherboards and includes nine expansion slots to support up to 18.3” long graphics cards.

The P380 also offers advanced computing features like dual power / reset button design, grommet-lined cable routing paths, elegant aluminium front panel features two well placed USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 ports, and audio in/out jacks. The case boasts one slim optical drive bay, three anti-vibration 3.5"/2.5” removable drive cages (eight 3.5"/2.5” HDD bays). The chassis support the ability to flip the I/O panel (USB Ports and Audio ports) to either the left side or right side of the chassis for ultra ease of use to enable you to position your chassis either side of your monitor. The front bays all are removable to allow for excellent watercooling radiator support. You can mount a 3 bay HDD cage in the base of the chassis in the middle to provide HDD support and full radiator support too.

Features:
    - A Front mounted hidden slim ODD tray to ensure the best, most subtle of sytlish designs
    - HDD and 5.25" bays are all fully removable to provide maximium airflow and watercooling support
    - 6 x 3pin Fan hub power board on rear side of motherboard tray
    - I/O port is switchable to either right side or left
    - Grommited cable management holes with massive space behind the motherboard tray
    - Full 6mm Aluminum top/front panel for quality finese not seen before on any PC chassis
    - Dual Layer sound dampening design
    - Rubbberised HDD trays to reduce noise

Specifications
    - Dimensions: W: 224mm H: 555mm D: 557mm
    - Material: Steel & Aluminum
    - Total Weight: 9.5kg
    - Motherboard Support: SSI CEB, E-ATX, ATX, Micro ATX, Mini-ITX
    - External Features: 1x Audio/Mic, 2x USB 2.0, 2x USB 3.0
    - Internal 3.5" bays: 8
    - Internal 2.5" bays: 8
    - Internal 5.25" bays: 2
    - External Slim ODD: 1
    - PCI Expansion Slots: 9
    - GPU Support: Up to 18.3" / 465mm
    - Enlarged CPU Cutout
    - CPU Cooler Max Height: 180mm
    - Warranty: 3 years

BUY NOW @ 160.00 inc VAT
    Last edited by acemodder; 10-12-14, 13:18.

Let me know when the price drops.
    Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus Z-170-K + Intel i5-6500 + 512GB Samsung M.2 PCI-e SSD + 16GB DDR4 2400MHz Memory
    Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus M5A88-M EVO + AMD Phenom II X6 + 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600 + Radeon HD 6450
    Win 10 Home 32-bit + Asus M2N-SLI DeLuxe + AMD Athlon 64 X2, Dual Core 5400 + 4.0 GB Memory + NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

Comment

Hmm, I prefer the ports to be on the front. Also, with my computer where it is, having the power buttons on the top is a bonus because it's low down. I think I'll be sticking with my P280.

Check out my latest Steam Workshop creations here

Comment

Originally posted by Col View Post
        Hmm, I prefer the ports to be on the front.
        All of them? With motherboards designed the way they are, most of the ports will always be in the back.

When I checked out this case, I noticed that it has the usual set of ports on the front. Check the pictures of the left-hand side.
        Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus Z-170-K + Intel i5-6500 + 512GB Samsung M.2 PCI-e SSD + 16GB DDR4 2400MHz Memory
        Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus M5A88-M EVO + AMD Phenom II X6 + 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600 + Radeon HD 6450
        Win 10 Home 32-bit + Asus M2N-SLI DeLuxe + AMD Athlon 64 X2, Dual Core 5400 + 4.0 GB Memory + NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

Comment

Originally posted by michaelkenward View Post
          All of them? With motherboards designed the way they are, most of the ports will always be in the back.

When I checked out this case, I noticed that it has the usual set of ports on the front. Check the pictures of the left-hand side.
          I think all motherboards have ports on the back. I'm talking about the front panel ports on the case. For this case, they're on the side. I prefer them to be on the front, but not obscured by the door. Also with my current computer/desk configuration, my computer is to my left, meaning the ports on that case wouldn't be accessible or I'd have to move round the other side to see them.

Comment

Ah, well thats the beauty of this case. The I/O port is a box that can be filled over to have the ports either side. There is 2 power and reset buttons too, one on each side for easy access

or

Comment

I think all motherboards have ports on the back. I'm talking about the front panel ports on the case. For this case, they're on the side. I prefer them to be on the front, but not obscured by the door. Also with my current computer/desk configuration, my computer is to my left, meaning the ports on that case wouldn't be accessible or I'd have to move round the other side to see them.
              I see your point.

I would like them on the front but "upward pointing".

Originally posted by acemodder View Post
              Ah, well thats the beauty of this case. The I/O port is a box that can be filled over to have the ports either side. There is 2 power and reset buttons too, one on each side for easy access
              Neat. I guess that is how they justify the price.

Comment

The price is what is it mostly due to the cost of the 6mm aluminum front and top panel. The cost of production for such a high quality material in a 6mm thickness is not small.
                I'm not sure why, but whenever I post about Antec products you always seem to find issues with them.

I personally bought a little devil case around 12 months ago, at a cost of €500, this was a hefty price tag, but I understand the manufacturing processes involved with dealing with aluminum in general and I know and accepted that in order to get such a high quality product it costs a lot of money, I paid it because I wanted it.
                You seem to want cheap stuff, with cheap quite often comes poor quality, so I'm sorry if you feel our pricing is unjust, but I have seen zero complaints online about the pricing of this Antec product on forums, other than from you.

Comment

Any plans for a non-windowed version?

Comment

If we have the demand certainly. I believe we may have a none windowed panel available separately for it in the future.

Comment

I'm not sure why, but whenever I post about Antec products you always seem to find issues with them.
                      I sit here surrounded by Antec cases. I also have an old but still working Antec power supply that has outlived lesser mortals.

It is just that I have a break point for costs. My next case will probably also be Antec, but it will be something under the 100 mark. Not as cheap as some of the stuff made out of recycled baked-bean tins, but not as expensive as something off the Jaguar production line. (I'm off to see that next month.)

Unfortunately, if the Aria site is a guide, the current Antec range seems to be limited. There is a clutch of stuff between 22.98 and 57.59 unlikely to fill the bill and the 149.99 beast mentioned here. Plenty of other manufacturers have kit around the 100 level, but it is as ugly as sin.

I also understand the cost of metal forming. As a writer on things technological, I have probably seen more metal bashed than many people. For example, I have recently written about some really heavy duty work going on at the Advanced Forming Research Centre (AFRC) in Scotland.

Antec's cost are probably down to limited production runs. It isn't the cost of the metal that determines the final price there, but the cost of tooling and setting up. This is why there is so much buzz around "3D printing", better described as additive manufacturing. It slashes setup costs by eliminating tooling. Sadly, it isn't suitable for things like PC cases made from aluminium.

Comment

The price is what is it mostly due to the cost of the 6mm aluminum front and top panel. The cost of production for such a high quality material in a 6mm thickness is not small.

I personally bought a little devil case around 12 months ago, at a cost of €500, this was a hefty price tag, but I understand the manufacturing processes involved with dealing with aluminum in general and I know and accepted that in order to get such a high quality product it costs a lot of money, I paid it because I wanted it.
                        You seem to want cheap stuff, with cheap quite often comes poor quality, so I'm sorry if you feel our pricing is unjust, but I have seen zero complaints online about the pricing of this Antec product on forums, other than from you.
                        I do that with all new products of interest, regardless of who they're from. I like to analyse things before running off and spending lots of money just because something is new. I did the same to Google when they were showing off Lollipop:

Google: "Check out the amazing new 3D effects and material design-oriented Recent Apps list."
                        Me: "There's already a Recent Apps list in KitKat. Yes it looks nice, but what new can I actually do with it which I couldn't with the first one?"
                        Google: "You can set Chrome to show individual tabs as cards in this new list so that you can access individual tabs rather than having to go into Chrome first."
                        Me: "Well that will be disabled right off the bat so that I don't confuse them with actual apps. Apart from that, it's just like Windows Flip 3D in Windows Vista and 7, correct? Like Alt+Tab, but looks nicer and more 3D with no extra actual functions?"
                        Google: "..."

This new case is by no means a bad case. It has lots of very nice features and the most important part of the case (the aesthetics) are very very nice, but for my current configuration, it is not practical. You can't please everyone! Anyway, my current case was 95 and is an Antec case and I am still very happy with it.

Comment

This new case is by no means a bad case. It has lots of very nice features and the most important part of the case (the aesthetics) are very very nice, but for my current configuration, it is not practical. You can't please everyone! Anyway, my current case was 95 and is an Antec case and I am still very happy with it.
                          Which case is that? Aria has nothing Antec in that price bracket.

It is the design that appeals to me in Antec cases. They don't come with all the nasty fins and chrome bits that other designers slap on cases.

I'd stick with my current cases, but they predate USB3 ports, so I have to use added front panels. They certainly predate the SSD drives that I now use.

One case also has its hard-disk cage arranged with rear-facing access instead of the side facing access that is much easier to play around with.

I paid 48.78 (plus VAT) for an early Antec case in 2004.

Comment

Originally posted by michaelkenward View Post
                            Which case is that? Aria has nothing Antec in that price bracket.

It is the design that appeals to me in Antec cases. They don't come with all the nasty fins and chrome bits that other designers slap on cases.
                            Aria never had this case in stock as far as I know, so I bought it from somewhere else. It's the Antec P280.

I also prefer the smooth, flush appearance of Antec's cases, among other brands like Fractal. The "mean machine" look with fins and grills on the front just collects dust. I have always said I prefer that look. I'm the same with speakers - I'd much rather have a set with a cloth frontage than a set with a mesh frontage.

Comment

Aria never had this case in stock as far as I know, so I bought it from somewhere else. It's the Antec P280.
                              Oooh. Looks good. They even do it in white.

And there is a grill at the bottom for PSU air flow. Pity the photos in the manual are blurred.

I'm the same with speakers - I'd much rather have a set with a cloth frontage than a set with a mesh frontage.
                              Mesh! Don't use four letter words like that.

Comment

Working...
                              X