Watercooling - What does everyone use??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very impressive

The 4960X seems to run hotter than the 4930k by a few degrees but nothing massive, saying that most of the times I've turned on my PC, I get sub 30C idles and 60C full loads... I'm not delidding it but I think I have been told I need to put it under the cold.... that'll be interesting!!

Comment

i know one thing (not played with the 4k series) even under water with a 360 rad the 5820k is a warm one too.

lots of hardware under that hood
      "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
      Plato

Comment

What's your setup Marsey?? I did wonder about going to the 58xx or 59xx series but from the differences I've seen in the benchmarks and the reviews it's really not going to offer me anything extra than this 4960X I have which is clocked rather well at 4.6Ghz for everyday use. It's a beast of a chip and I do wish I'd gone for the 5960X but for the price of the ram and chip and motherboard, for less than half the money, I think I made the right choice going from the 920 to 4770k and 4960X...

Comment

the 5820 aint mine dude, but it is under an alphacool kit a mate got.

really does go like stink and while i know what you mean about bang per buck, but tbh i think had he gone with 970s and not 980s he would of had much better value.

issue was he had his heart on the titan style cooler and none of the 70s had it
          "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
          Plato

Comment

They do a few Alphacool kits, not that bad a quality kit from what I read

He definitely would have but as he wanted the cooler, I'm guessing that's why he got the 980 GTX Nice cards tho I wonder if they will release a Ti version? 8Gb perhaps??

Comment

if not when.

only real if imo is if 204 or 210?

be really funny if is new kepler
              Plato

Comment

Be nice if it was cheap....

Comment

Working...
                X