Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• core i5 3330 idle temps ( 40c )

Hi guys
    the move to my new sharkoon case went fine,however as there is no side fan ive noticed the idle temps are now between 39c and 42c ( 40c most of the time ) .... however ive just ordered the "zalman CNPS5X performa " which is well priced ( 14 ) and easy to install
    my questions are :
    1) is 40c ok for my i5 3330 ( load temps never go above 55c )
    2) will the zalman CNPS5X performa reduced idle and load temps especially as its a side facing fan and should get more air than the intel stock fan
    even at load theres still 50c to the TJ max .... so i presume im pretty much safe at the moment
    the new case cooling may produce higher cpu temps but at least they are stable,were as when i had the side fan on my old case the idle temps would fluctuate from 32c to 38c all the time .....
    another option may be a coolermaster seidon 120v ... drawing cool air via the rear fan would produce better temps but my only concern would be the HD6790,that said it exhuasts the warm air via a vent at the back of the card,and i could also use one of those nifty pci coolers which sit directly under your gpu and can either exhuast of blow air
    any help is much appreciated
    cheers guys !
    Intel core i5 3330 3.0ghz,8GB XMS3 1333MHZ (2 X 4GB),MSI R9 270x,128gb SSD (boot) + 1tb wd sata ,msi z77a-g41 mobo,asus xonar dgx ,520w seasonic psu,aerocool xpredator x1 devil red chassis

You can't overclock that chip, and as such, the Intel stock cooler is more than adequate. It's a waste to spend any money on a 'decent' cooler when it just doesn't need it.

The loaded temperatures are arguably more important than the idle temperatures. What are your maximum temps? Use Intel Burn Test with AVX on the maximum stress option, and RealTemp to find out.
    ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.95 GHz | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 2x8GB @ 3333 MHz C14 | ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 OC | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850w | be quiet! Pure Base 600 Tempered Glass | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920 | ASUS ZenBook UX305F

Comment

forget the idle temps its the max that counts.
      Is my new Kingston flash drive on drugs?

i

Comment

40*c idle is fine IMHO

concur with WC all about the load
        Originally posted by Aaron
        I want those sweet cherries

Comment

just ran "crysis 3" at medium detail ( using the HD6790 ) .. cpu temps never go above 57c .....this still leaves around 50c until TJ max ...... the load temps never ( and i mean never ) exceed 60c .... and as the mad dutch dude rightly stated the i5 3330 isnt overclockable ( to be honest you dont need to ) so it shouldnt go any higher ... unless my cat gets stuck in the cpu cooler !
          Intel core i5 3330 3.0ghz,8GB XMS3 1333MHZ (2 X 4GB),MSI R9 270x,128gb SSD (boot) + 1tb wd sata ,msi z77a-g41 mobo,asus xonar dgx ,520w seasonic psu,aerocool xpredator x1 devil red chassis

Comment

Working...
          X