Corsair 650d or 750d that is the question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corsair 650d or 750d that is the question

Caught between the two cases above really not sure both rpughly same price at moment.

Current hardware is a gigabyte atx mobo and an overclocked it 3770k.

Gpu is currently a gtx 560 but soon to be upgraded to a 970.

Single ssd

5 mech hard drives of varying sizes

Currently have 5 or six coolermaster sickle fans with blue leds half of which dobt fit in my current case which is a bitfenix shadow which will be used to build a basic gaming rig for my 10 year old. which of the two would u choose and why.
    Back up and running fully

Get a Fractal R4 mate
    --
    Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

Comment

Never looked at fractal case. Hmmm will take a look m8

Comment

Epic build quality, loads of fan options, and really quiet
        --
        Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

Comment

Cheers m8 looking now. I eliminated the coolermaster 690iii now i got this to look at lol

Comment

Coming from a 650D owner....Get something else haha.

Its not great, 200mm fans need replacing as they are poor. options are limited and normally thicker which means moving the HDD trays which only leaves you with 3. The front 200mm fan makes an annoying sound if you don't cut out the metal grill.

yeah basically I wouldn't recommended it to anyone, Will replace it one day but having done the above a new case will be 100 and give me no extra performance so I'm stuck with it.
            i7 2600K @ 4.5| Asrock Z68 Extreme4| 16GB 1866Mhz Crucial Ballistix |AMD R9 290| 120GB SSD |Win7 64bit

Comment

Cheers finners not looking gd for tge 650 then.

Comment

Those cases are primarily designed with water cooling in mind.

As Spaceboy said, look at the R4. I got a Fractal Design Define Mini (the mATX one) for our server and it is absolutely silent. Turn the fans down and you'll find a Sky+ HD box makes more noise, even with three HDDs in there. The build quality is absolutely superb and they don't cost an organ to buy either.
                ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.95 GHz | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 2x8GB @ 3333 MHz C14 | ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 OC | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850w | be quiet! Pure Base 600 Tempered Glass | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920 | ASUS ZenBook UX305F

Comment

Just to add the 650D is awful for watercooling as well!
                  i7 2600K @ 4.5| Asrock Z68 Extreme4| 16GB 1866Mhz Crucial Ballistix |AMD R9 290| 120GB SSD |Win7 64bit

Comment

I had an R3 a while back, upgraded to a Silverstone RV02 which ended up being really noisy compared to the R3 so I upgraded again to the R4

R3 was awesome, but the R4 is just that little bit better
                    --

Comment

Only thing thats putting me off the r4 is the front door. Really want to avoid a door. Started looking at the corsair 760t now as well.

Comment

What's wrong with it? How often do you use your optical drives? I find that it hides everything very nicely and makes it look very, very sleek.

The Fractal range, such as the Mini and R4, are definitely my favourite cases at the moment, without a doubt.
                        ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.95 GHz | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 2x8GB @ 3333 MHz C14 | ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 OC | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850w | be quiet! Pure Base 600 Tempered Glass | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920 | ASUS ZenBook UX305F

Comment

I am worried about the kids damaging it. Had a previous case with a door which had leds in it. Due to minor damage caused by a toddler the cable got damaged and almost caught fire. I think i need to see one before i decide.

Comment

It's magnetised and keeps shut by itself. Just don't let the kids see that it opens.

I can get some pics of the one I have here, if you'd like...?

Comment

U might be onto some thing there.

Comment

Working...
                              X