No announcement yet.

LGA775 AIO watercooling?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be honest, with the size of some of the micro-home cinema systems these days, I'd be tempted to see if you could build a low power/APU type system actually inside the Reserator, then just fill it with oil so it acts as a big heatsink for the lot.
    Novelty media centre!

Mate of mine had one, never really realised just how tall they were until I saw on in the flesh, was bigger than his case

Comment

the only aio i can think of thats still 775 compatable is if you can find it a corsair h50/h60 not the 2nd gen versions..i.e not V2 i think corsair did do the 775 kit for the h100 non i version aswell...
      Bitfenix shinobi Limited Germany edition. 3 spectre 120 & 2 spectre 140fans. Core i5 3570k ,msi z77a g45,8gb gskill sniper,infinity black edition gtx 970, samsung 840 120gb ssd, samsung F1 750gb, WD cavier black 500gb, seagate barcuda 1tb,+320gb, win 7 ultimate 64, acer 23" 3dG235H microsoft CC keyboard, logitech G500 mouse

Comment

Antec kuhlers just been added to Aria do support LGA775

All 3 support LGA 775 here http://www.aria.co.uk/Products?searc...kuhler&x=0&y=0

Comment

Yeah, I just spotted that when looking through the Antec thread, research time!

Comment

Okay, after some less than convincing answers on the replacement fan front, I think I'm going to give the Antec ones a miss, so it's back to either a custom loop, or just bite the bullet and modify a H110 or similar to fit.

Comment

What less than convincing answers regarding the front fan?
              ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.95 GHz | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 2x8GB @ 3333 MHz C14 | ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 OC | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850w | be quiet! Pure Base 600 Tempered Glass | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920 | ASUS ZenBook UX305F

Comment

I was hoping to have a rough idea of replacement price if one dies, rather than just "Yes, it can be replaced"
                Well yes it, can, but if it's a fortune because it's a bespoke fan...

Comment

Surely you could use any fan you wanted? You don't need an Antec one. Haha.
                  ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.95 GHz | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 2x8GB @ 3333 MHz C14 | ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 OC | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850w | be quiet! Pure Base 600 Tempered Glass | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920 | ASUS ZenBook UX305F

Comment

Are the fans not powered via the pump/vice-versa? Only I can't see any wiring to the pump, so I'd assume they're magnetically coupled, hence adjusting the fan speed adjusting the pump speed also?

Comment

I think most headers now you can control the speed of the fan.. I've an all in one cooler but I only ever use it for a quick test of any hardware.. even easier than putting on a heatsink sometimes

Comment

Well, yes, but the pump(s) are built into the fans on the Antec one?

Comment

If the fan did break. Antec can provide you with a replacement fan for free under warranty

Comment

It's okay, I've an i5 to cool now instead, saved some headache

Comment

Originally posted by acemodder View Post
                              If the fan did break. Antec can provide you with a replacement fan for free under warranty
                              what about if a pin where to fall out of the fan header on an out of warranty product, like the h20 920 for eg?
                              "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
                              Plato

Comment

I'm not 100% sure on the status of that, my suggestion is for you to email europe.rma@antec.com to check what my RMA team can do for you

Comment

Working...
                                X