LGA775 AIO watercooling?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LGA775 AIO watercooling?

Just a quick one guys, now I might actually have space in the case for one, I was looking at one of the AIO watercooling setups - only problem is, most of them don't list compatibility for my old socket any more - however, I've had a look, and most of the relevant dimensions for the height and screw placements seem to be the same as the 1366, so I'm guessing anything that goes on the 1366 can be made to fit anyway - anyone done it, or know different, before I buy one and find out I need to drill a hole through the mosfets to fit it?

Mind you, might actually just put a proper loop in there...
    Last edited by PhillipM; 27-09-14, 01:50.

The screw placements are most definitely NOT the same as 1366. 115* is closer in size and even then they won't fit.

What do you intend to cool? Is there much point in buying a new loop for such an old rig?
    ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.95 GHz | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 2x8GB @ 3333 MHz C14 | ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 OC | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850w | be quiet! Pure Base 600 Tempered Glass | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920 | ASUS ZenBook UX305F

Comment

Well, I was intending on buying something compatible with both, if possible, so I can use it when I put a new board and chip in there too.
      Site I found the dimensions on must have a mix up then, reckoned they were nearly the same. Bah

Comment

Most of the newer stuff will still fit the older sockets, but I tend to not use the mounting kits anymore I just use 4 M4x50 hex bolts/cap heads/screws/whatever and clamp a block down that way.. If it doesn't fit then I make it I'm sure you could pick up an all in one kit for not much but depends if you want it to be any good or not...

Saying that I would have guessed you'd be able to find some D Tek water blocks for not much cash floating about on Ebay or something for not much

Comment

Yeah, that's an option, at least I can add to it then, I'd prefer a custom loop I think, it's just the ease of fitting an AIO off-the-shelf setup is calling to the lazy b****d in me

Comment

Those all in one options I think are pretty damn poor mind....

Comment

Problem is, what I'd spend on a loop would get me a new board, memory and chip

Comment

Depends where you look mate

What do you exactly want??

Comment

Not sure yet, this is what idly browsing aria HP and knowing you might have room for a radiator shortly does to you!

Comment

I have a step son the exact same.... always browsing for more hardware than he know's what to do with!! I think his Dad will be out of pocket soon!!

Comment

Do you want a new stepson?

The only thing I've got sick of lately is having a loud PC, so whilst I don't mind a bit of noise (I had a 120mm 38mm thick delta fan as an intake running at 16v back in the socket A days, 66Db anyone? ), I'd rather keep it around the 40db level under load these days, or lower if possible without compromising performance.

Comment

Two is more than I can afford anyway with a daughter too!!

I just turn up the music a bit if it's getting too noisy... Much nicer and cheaper too

Comment

To be honest, with all of the stuff out there today, there's no real reason to have a noisy PC. I for one absolutely hate noisy rigs that're for daily usage.

Personally, I wouldn't get a fully blown custom water system unless it's second hand and you're getting it for a good price. There's no point in doing that when you could, like you said, get a new chip, board and RAM for the same money. It would be quieter and a lot quicker at the same time.

Strange, that, considering I have some of the noisiest fans going for when I am benchmarking. That's a different story though.
                          ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.95 GHz | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 2x8GB @ 3333 MHz C14 | ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 OC | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850w | be quiet! Pure Base 600 Tempered Glass | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920 | ASUS ZenBook UX305F

Comment

Originally posted by TheMadDutchDude View Post
                            Strange, that, considering I have some of the noisiest fans going for when I am benchmarking. That's a different story though.
                            Yep, been there with the Delta's when I needed some cheap OC'ing fun, and damn the noise - but there's so much stuff on the market now that gives 90% of the performance with 10% of the noise...for daily use, that's the aim these days. I've lost enough hearing to angle grinders, hammers and engines over the years.
                            Last edited by PhillipM; 27-09-14, 23:55.

Comment

Probably best off keeping it fella. I don't think they're worth all that much.

I remember when I wanted one of those. Oh my, that's a while ago now!

Comment

Working...
                              X