Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kuhler 620 - Best fans for push/pull

Top o' the morning all !

After re-kindling my love for the PC, and being out of the loop for a while, I've slowly become a paranoid-temperature-freak.....again.

I've had this Kuhler 620 lying about for ages, was in my server, but that got taken apart and sold off.

anywho, I'm planning on buying that NZXT kraken G10 mount as so I can use the kuhler on my GTX580, as the TwinFrozrII is no longer cutting the mustard.

to the point now, any advice on best fans to get for push/pull on the kuhler ? I remember back when I was a cooling freak reading about static pressure & stuff like that and certain fans were better than others to use on rads ?

Ash.
    i5-2500K@ (4.3GHz) - Z68X - NH-D14 - GTX 580 TwinFrozrII - BitFenix Shinobi - TX650 - 8GB RipJawZ 2133Mhz - lots of fans & a fan controller !

after getting off my *** & doing some research, found that the NZXT performance 120mm fans are meant to perform really well with radiators.....for anyone else that wanted to know.
    i5-2500K@ (4.3GHz) - Z68X - NH-D14 - GTX 580 TwinFrozrII - BitFenix Shinobi - TX650 - 8GB RipJawZ 2133Mhz - lots of fans & a fan controller !

Comment

adding a fan without the centre as a spacer is also meant to be very beneficial to temps too.
      "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
      Plato

Comment

As long as my 580 stops getting closer to 80 degrees I will be happy lol

Comment

i wouldn't worry about it dude, 500s were always hot running cards by design. seen them pushing up toward the ton mark without issues.
          "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
          Plato

Comment

Fair doo's cheers for the info mate, just makes the ambient temp in my case a bit warmer than I'd like, pushing up the CPU temps too.

Comment

oh i know that one dude, 290x aint any cooler running than the 500s either
              Plato

Comment

I guess that is the price we pay for wanting to run everything on Ultra!

I'm still gonna go for that G10 mount though, I will post up a pre-mount bench & a post-mount bench once I get it next week sometime (payday!) for anyone interested in the real world difference in temps, as from what I've read these AIO coolers work quite well cooling the GPU, as said anything to get those in-case ambient temps a little lower

Comment

i think a few of the guys have done it before here, almighty and joker i think, maybe others too.

nothing i like more than hearing about cool ghetto mods dude, i cant wait to see your clocks go thru the roof as your temps fall
                  Plato

Comment

I can't wait either !

had to decrease my overclocks as the temps were getting me worried & had a couple of BSOD's, I can see myself getting the benching bug again! Still got the test bench I bought off TheMadDutchDude & a 360 rad, can imagine it will get some use, also just remembered I've got alot of 775 stuff (LANparty x48? and a load of CPU's), gonna have a rummage tonight now

Comment

right time of year to start now the cool air is returning too
                      Plato

Comment

Working...
                      X