Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corsair HG10 GPU Bracket

Anyone else following this product?

Corsair HG10 lets you screw a selection of their H series coolers onto a range of the newer AMD/Nvidia cards.

Supremely interested in trying it out with my R9 290 Ref card. The fans are deafening and do a pretty poor job of keeping it below the thermal throttling point so this looks like a cheap/easy alternative to messing up a full CPU-GPU water cooling loop!

I'd just need to decide on what Corsair CPU cooler to go for! Wonder if Aria will be stocking these in the near future...
    :: Intel Core i5 4670k :: 8GB Corsair Vengeance :: MSI Z87-G45 ::
    MSI R9 290X Gaming Edition :: Windows 7 Home Premium x64

what does this offer over a generic bracket or something like the kraken G10? other than the fact it has very limited compatibility.

The good news are that the HG10 is compatible with all of Corsair's Hydro series, from the H55 and H80 to the H100i and H110; therefore, it will most likely be compatible with the vast majority of AIO liquid cooling kits from many companies. The bad news are that it requires specific card models, limiting its compatibility with only AMD Radeon R9 290X/290 reference cards (A1 Edition) or NVIDIA GeForce Titan, 780 Ti, 780, 770 cards (N1 Edition). Corsair hinted that there will be more versions for other AMD cards soon, although they did not specify for which models.
    http://www.anandtech.com/show/8105/c...ooling-bracket

edit
    I suppose that it would depend on how good the vrm cooling is and how would compare to installing your own + a bracket like the kraken g10.
    Last edited by Marv; 13-06-14, 01:04.

i7 4960X, 16GB DDR3 1600MHz, Asus Sabertooth x79, Sapphire 290 4gb, Win10 pro 64.

Comment

Technically I suppose you could mount any cooler onto a GPU with this, doesn't necessarily need to be a corsair water cooler?
      It still has a fan on the GPU but I guess that wouldn't run as fast as a 'normal' cooling fan, otherwise this would end up being twice as noisy as a standard air cooler

I'd be interested in slapping a Tundra on my 780
      Originally posted by coiler
      He'll have the local FBI round his house with all that hash!
      Originally posted by BigIan88
      turn off that sexy nonsense
      Originally posted by Salad Soup
      turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

And here I was thinking about using cable ties to fasten a H80 to my graphics card lol...
        Why did the chicken cross the road?
        To get away from the Canadian poultry farmer with loose trousers.

Comment

Originally posted by omega View Post
          Technically I suppose you could mount any cooler onto a GPU with this, doesn't necessarily need to be a corsair water cooler?
          It still has a fan on the GPU but I guess that wouldn't run as fast as a 'normal' cooling fan, otherwise this would end up being twice as noisy as a standard air cooler

I'd be interested in slapping a Tundra on my 780
          To answer my own question, that looks like the stock blower fan, and in testing it ran at 35% while keeping the GPU at 50C, instead of full pelt and 95C, on the 290x it was tested on. VERY interested in this. Looks like the nVidia one's will be out after August sometime.
          Originally posted by coiler
          He'll have the local FBI round his house with all that hash!
          Originally posted by BigIan88
          turn off that sexy nonsense
          Originally posted by Salad Soup
          turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

Working...
          X