Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ITX Case Suggestions needed.

Hi guys,

Right, as I'm off to Uni in a few months (Hopefully at least ). I'll be needing to downsize my case (Currently a Prodigy M) to something smaller.

So I've been looking at ITX cases, the one I'm leaning towards most is the EVGA Hadron. However I have a few worries about it.

Firstly, and mainly I have a 780 SC ACX. The cooler is an exhaust type and as a result pumps hot air into the case. As there's really not a lot of room inside the case for good airflow, I'm really worried I'll get god-awful temperatures, as opposed to a reference type fan that dumps the heat out the back of the case. I've even considered selling and buying a reference type cooler or upgrading to a 780ti, however both seem a bit extreme.

Secondly, what's up with the silly looking stand at the front? How difficult would it be to get rid of it and whack some feet on it?

So I'm either looking for suggestions of cases of a similar size that will house my 780 whilst not looking too bad, or assurances regarding temperatures. I don't particularly like the look of the Cooler Master cases (Or cube shaped cases in general) so I'm struggling to find anything else...

Cheers.
    Phanteks Enthoo Pro | i7-5280K | H55 | Asus Sabertooth X99 | EVGA 780 ACX SLI | 16GB Corsair LP DDR4 | 750W Corsair CX PSU | SAMSUNG EVO 250GB | Seagate 2TB HDD | DT 770 Pro | Logitech G600 | Corsair K95

I don't have any suggestions for cases, however as somebody who just completed their first year at uni i'l chuck in my two pence and say, if your going to be in halls and the pc will live their throughout the entirety of term time, id just keep your prodigy! once you get everything in place and set up you won't even notice it. assuming that you had intended on changing to save space that is?
    MSI Z77A-G43 , i7 3770K@4.5Ghz, Noctua NH-D14, ASUS R9 290x DirectCU II, 4x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport, 120gb Crucial M4, 240gb Crucial MX500, 500gb Seagate Barracuda, 2Tb Seagate Barracuda, NZXT H440, Corsair RM 850W Gold PSU

Comment

Originally posted by olivaughan View Post
      I don't have any suggestions for cases, however as somebody who just completed their first year at uni i'l chuck in my two pence and say, if your going to be in halls and the pc will live their throughout the entirety of term time, id just keep your prodigy! once you get everything in place and set up you won't even notice it. assuming that you had intended on changing to save space that is?
      I'm probably going to end up with a 32 week let, meaning I have to move out during holidays, the Prodigy is just too big to take back and forth
      Phanteks Enthoo Pro | i7-5280K | H55 | Asus Sabertooth X99 | EVGA 780 ACX SLI | 16GB Corsair LP DDR4 | 750W Corsair CX PSU | SAMSUNG EVO 250GB | Seagate 2TB HDD | DT 770 Pro | Logitech G600 | Corsair K95

Comment

NCASE M1v2 ? with a bag to transport it in ?

http://www.ncases.com/v2/m1.php

and

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1800249

basic bag.................................................. .................................................. ...deluxe bag

"Finally, we will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary"
        - EPIC EULA M$ !...... thanks, but no thanks! - GWX Control Panel

Comment

heavybreathing.gif

Comment

lol, you saw the price then too i guess !!

"Finally, we will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary"
            - EPIC EULA M$ !...... thanks, but no thanks! - GWX Control Panel

Comment

Working...
            X