In need of Bitfenix Prodigy Mesh Side Panel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In need of Bitfenix Prodigy Mesh Side Panel

Hey guys, i'm having a problem with airflow and overheating isssues on my gfx card with bitfenix prodigy case. Since i bought the case windowed edition, i didn't have the mesh side panel. However this window restricts airflow too much, and was wondering where i could get the original mesh side panel from? I've looked everyone i know, could anyone help me out please?

Whats the fan set up in the case, how is your cable management and what GPU is it?
    Originally posted by jointhedotz
    I admit it, it's so damn good! following Alan on the downs, just getting a feel

Comment

i have a bitfenix spectra pro 230mm at the front, corsair h100i running push pull and a gigabyte windforce r9 280x gfx card, http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Compo...roductId=57786

cable management is good, no cables blocking any of the fans. It's just when i put the window on it overheats, when i have it off, the gfx card runs cool.

Comment

What have you got as exhaust fans? pics would be be nice too
        CPU: AMD FX-8350 GPU: XFX Radeon 7850 1GB RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz Mobo: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 PSU: Corsair AX760 80+ Platinum Case: CM Storm Stryker HDD: WD Blue 500GB
        CM Storm Stryker Owners' Club

Comment

Is your H100 push/pull intake or push/pull exhaust?

Ideally, it should be exhaust to prevent heat dump, so you want it blowing out the top of the case. Also, if you've not already, get an exhaust fan for the top/rear of the chassis.

If temps suffer, always try and draw cool air in from the bottom and front, and exhaust warm air out of the top and rear. Heat wants to rise, so don't fight physics.
          Last edited by Bing; 05-12-13, 23:44.

Comment

as of now, it doesnt have an exhaust fan in the rear, however the h100i is exhausting air through the top

Comment

I imagine the problem is that in the prodigy it puts the GPU quite close to the window/mesh side panel, so without the mesh it won't ever get good airflow.

How much space do you think there is between gpu cooler and the side window ?
              --
              Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

Comment

Perhaps give Stulid a PM (or email stuart@bitfenix.com)? He's a Bitfenix rep and was active earlier today, might point you in the right direction for a replacement panel.
                Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5.AMD FX8150 @3.5Ghz. 8Gb Mushkin Redline, MSI 7950 TFIII BE, 120Gb Mushkin Chronos + 256Gb Crucial M4 + 2x2Tb F3 Spinpoint Eco-Greens + 1x 3Tb Seagate. Antec 900 Watt PSU . Windows 10 Pro

Comment

Stick a rear exhaust in it too.
                  Gaming PC:i5 2500k|MSI Mpower Z77 | Kingston HyperX Grey 8GB 1600MHZ | ThermalTake Frio | MSI 6950 Twin Frozr III 2GB Crossfire | Samsung 840 PRO 250GB SSD | XFX Pro 850W Modular PSU | Corsair 600t Case

Comment

I added an exhaust fan, doesnt help. I emailed bitfenix about this problem and they said that they dont sell the meshed side panels on their own

Comment

Got an almost identical setup to you but with a meshed window and have no problems with heat.
                      Try ebay and the like, surely someone wouldn't mind swapping theirs.
                      Intel i5 3570k - ASRock Z77E-ITX - Corsair H100i - Exceleram 8GB 1600MHz - 2x Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB SSD - Samsung 840EVO 1TB SSD - Asus 960 Strix - Silverstone 500W SFX-L - NCASE M1 - Dell U2414H
                      Lenovo Yoga 11S - Intel i3 3229Y - 128GB SSD - Intel HD4000 - 11.6" IPS Screen

Comment

Alternatively, you could mark up an alignment of dots and drill your own ventilation holes into the window?
                        i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

Hi Winston,

Did you get my reply to your PM?
                          Got a BitFenix issue? Head over here.

Comment

Hi, I'm in a similar position my 7950 is in the upper 80s when I've got the windowed side panel on, I bought the CaseKing version which only comes with a windowed side panel, is there anything you can do to get me a mesh one please @stulid I'd be willing to pay for a black mesh sidepanel.

Thanks

P.S. I sent you an email about the issue

Comment

Originally posted by Darthy View Post
                              Hi, I'm in a similar position my 7950 is in the upper 80s when I've got the windowed side panel on, I bought the CaseKing version which only comes with a windowed side panel, is there anything you can do to get me a mesh one please @stulid I'd be willing to pay for a black mesh sidepanel.

Thanks

P.S. I sent you an email about the issue

I am having the same problem did you sort out a solution?

having no luck with bitfenix i created a support ticket ages ago and no one has even replied I heard the customer support was bad but didn't realize they do not even reply.

Most annoying thing is I noticed I have another issue which has been reported over the net with the top handles the screw bit is a weak poorly designed plastic that has broken (never moved the case only noticed it when removing the side panel)
                              Last edited by edgfactor; 04-12-14, 11:42.

Comment

Working...
                              X