***Win a BitFenix Shadow case***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***Win a BitFenix Shadow case***

Ok well maybe its not as simple as that as you will be required to do some work

Hi everyone.

I am the new BitFenix community rep, I am here to try and help people with questions and issues about Bitfenix products.

Should you wish to contact me then use stuart@bitfenix.com

With that introduction out of the way it's time to give something away.

***Win a BitFenix Shadow case***

Here is the product homepage - http://www.bitfenix.com/global/en/pr...chassis/shadow

So how do you win it you ask? well that's easy. Just post in this thread why you want it, what hardware you have to go inside it and what case you currently have.

How easy is that!

But! there's always a but all I ask of you if you win is to do a buildlog/review of the case for the forum, aybe include before and after cpu+gfx temperature results, nice clear images the case and the build, show how parts fit also.

I will pick a winner next friday the 15th of November at 12.00 uk time.
    Got a BitFenix issue? Head over here.

A nice prize for someone, but I ain't good at reviewing anything so that me out, someone is gonna be a happy punter and it looks like a nice case.

Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming K7. Ryzen 1700. 16GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB. Zotac GTX980ti Amp Omega Edition. Samsung 840 500 GB SSD. WD 1 TB Green. XFX 750w XTR Psu. Creative GIgaworks T20 series 2 speakers. Asus DX 7.1. Phanteks Enthoo ATX Glass case. iiyama G-master GE2788HS Monitor. Cyborg V7. TT Theron mouse.

Comment

give it to bigian so he can put it in his desk?

Freedom isn't free"

Comment

That does look lovely, and although I'm sorted for cases (R3, RV02, CM Stacker) I'm sure some people here would love this

Shame there's no roof vents, but it looks like it would be really quiet
        --
        Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

Comment

can I not just have it with the pictured components? looks lovely, I'd review the out of it
          Originally posted by {SAS}TB
          Also gives me the chance to probe around the wife's rear end

Comment

Originally posted by jointhedotz View Post
            can I not just have it with the pictured components? looks lovely, I'd review the out of it
            Before anyone asks it is the case only up for grabs
            Got a BitFenix issue? Head over here.

Comment

Originally posted by stulid View Post
              Before anyone asks it is the case only up for grabs
              ha, worth a shot
              Originally posted by {SAS}TB
              Also gives me the chance to probe around the wife's rear end

Comment

Originally posted by jointhedotz View Post
                ha, worth a shot
                Shy kids get no sweets!

Nice looking case! Sadly it wouldn't look nearly as good with my current parts and no plans to upgrade for now.
                NZXT H440 Matte Black and Red | Corsair HX1000i | ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz | Corsair H100i v2 | 1080 GTX Founders Edition | 32gb Avexir Blitz DDR4 3600MHz | Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 512 GB | 3TB Western Digital Red | Dell S2716DG | SteelSeries Sensei | Corsair Vengeance K90 | Corsair Vengeance 1500 / Gigaworks T40

Comment

Welcome Stu' always great to have reps here (we love freebies and comps - who doesn't? ) I got to sort out a friend with an ex-review Ghost a while back which I thought was a fantastic case - simply the best hot-swap bay I've yet to come across, great features, cooling and, living up to the name, deathly silent. So yeah I'd be chuffed to have a fiddle with the Shadow - unfortunately the only build I've planned in the foreseeable is bringing my teacher mate Nick out of the P4 stone-age with an ultra-cheap upgrade for Christmas. Q6600 and 8Gig of Corsair XMS2 has already been gathered mega-cheap and earmarked for him.... everything else I'll be trying to pick up from the guys here or on fleaBay keeping the overall price down below 200 for a quick, quiet machine that'll knock his socks off despite being several generations behind the times.

Of course I expect you'd want to see the latest and greatest hardware in there instead but there's no harm in asking.
                  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5.AMD FX8150 @3.5Ghz. 8Gb Mushkin Redline, MSI 7950 TFIII BE, 120Gb Mushkin Chronos + 256Gb Crucial M4 + 2x2Tb F3 Spinpoint Eco-Greens + 1x 3Tb Seagate. Antec 900 Watt PSU . Windows 10 Pro

Comment

I wouldn't mind changing my Noble NOB20A case its got no cable tidying at all USB 2 on the front works when its in the mood, front audio not, must admit its not been a bad case but nothing like the BitFenix Shadow. For the parts just upgraded my 660w CoolerMaster PSU to a Antec 620m PSU and my HIS HD5670 to a Club3D HD7850. Also a Asus N2M32 Sli Delux Board, 4GB DDR2 Crucial Balistix, AMD Phenom II X4 925 CPU, Mushkin 64GB SSD & 250 Sata II HDD. If I won this case then I may upgrade my Asus Board to a better AM3+ 990FX Board, So I could keep the CPU, some DDR3 Memory & a Sata III HDD. Must be honest I am new to doing a review of any kind and not to sure just when I could really afford the upgrades but would do it the seeing as the case has front USB 3 ports. Well I rest my case (sorry for the pun) lol.

Comment

i currently have a Cooler Master Elite 335U Black Midi Tower Gaming Case with a A10-5800K, Corsair Hydro H55 2013 Watercooling Performance Closed-Loop CPU Cooler, 8GB Mushkin Enhanced BlackLine Frostbyte #996995 (2x4GB) 1600 (PC3-12800) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM CAS 9-9-9-24 1.5V, 60GB Intenso Premium 2.5" SATA 6GB/s (SATA-III) Solid State Drive, GIGABYTE GA-F2A85XM-HD3 AMD A85X (Socket FM2) Micro-ATX Motherboard and a few other random 2.5" hdds. Case is not bad but not very nice to look at. I would upgrade my cpu to an A10-6800k, add a 6670 2bg gddr5 for some moderate gaming

Comment

I'd have a go

Comment

I'm planning a new build. Sadly, funds dictate it may be a while before I've got everything together.

I was planning a build based on the Prodigy M, but I would be more than happy to review a Shadow and go full ATX instead.

I currently have, waiting to go in, a 256GB Crucial M4 (thanks Seb!), a Coolermaster ALC CPU loop, an HD7870 and 8GB of RAM. I also have a modular BeQuiet PSU.
                          I need to buy a motherboard and CPU, then I'm ready. I was looking at the Asus Maximus VI gene MicroATX motherboard when looking at the Prodigy M, but would swap that for the MSI Z87-G45 Gaming motherboard if doing a full ATX build.

I suppose, in the interest of a better review I could spend the money saved on a new case on some cable extensions/braiding to neaten everything up and keep the build nice and uniform. I do have some corsair AF120 fans to go in too, but in the interest of the review I would do everything stock (and then with alternative fans if you would like)

My current PC is an old i5 750 and sits in an Antec 902 case, which I don't mind, but I would love removeable filters!!
                          Originally posted by coiler
                          the trails is where life flows best
                          Originally posted by coiler
                          Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

Already gone down this route a little with a magical phenom case of blue smoke making skills, was going to do a comparable to the cm I've got.

It didn't make it to the bottom of the 2m foundations being dug for the house extension, but it will make it back.

So why would I want to win - simple, my first Bitfenix experience has not been good, so I would want this to compare to the Antec Sonata that a machine is running in and put some faith back in a brand that seems to get rave reviews.

DT.
                            Please see thread, here for how post reports are dealt with.
                            Forum Guidelines here

Comment

Does this come with a window side panel..... I like to watch my Titan glow and pulse lol....( yes it's a gimmick with the Nvidia Driver but breathe does look good lol )

If it does.... I might NEED. This case.....

Oh nearly forgot...Welcome Stu....
                              posted by scrivz69
                              I think I may leave this forum, it seems to be full of the village people.​
                              i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

Comment

Working...
                              X