ATX or micro-ATX

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sarky View Post
    As long as the PSU is ATX (which most are) and your case supports ATX PSU's (which it does) it'll fit fine.
    Thanks. but are you sure? On the manufacturer's website it says: Power Supply PS2 ATX (bottom, multi direction). Is there meant to be a comma between PS2 and ATX? or is it PS2-ATX? Just want to be sure it will be compatible with ATX power supplies.

also, what does multi-direction refer to here?

Comment

Also, gow important are the C6/C7 power states that come with Haswell-ready power-supplies? This analyzes the impact of enabling them on a 4770k system and seems to observe a noticeable difference:

"We found that with C6/C7 disabled that the system would idle between 23.7 and 24.1 Watts, but with them enabled we were seeing between 20.5 to 21.2 Watts."

but I'm not plannig to OC, so will it still be a good investment? couldn't find much about it on the web.

Comment

I wouldn't say they are important at all. It's more than likely just a marketing thing to be honest.
        ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.95 GHz | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 2x8GB @ 3333 MHz C14 | ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 OC | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850w | be quiet! Pure Base 600 Tempered Glass | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920 | ASUS ZenBook UX305F

Comment

Originally posted by ShbSara View Post
          also, what does multi-direction refer to here?
          I think that refers to it being able to mount it upside down or not, which most PSUs can do.

Comment

Working...
          X