[Vortez] ARCTIC Freezer Extreme Rev. 2 CPU Cooler Review

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Vortez] ARCTIC Freezer Extreme Rev. 2 CPU Cooler Review

ARCTIC are no stranger to the world of cooling, being pioneers in the field and having served enthusiasts for more than 10 years. If the name hadnít already implied their roots, their origin started with cooling but their recent diversification into new product lines, including peripherals and speakers, has seen ARCTIC COOLING become a subset under the ARCTIC brand umbrella. One would hope that such a move hasnít changed their focus from what they do best and today we find out if that is the case or not. For review today, we have a cooler that is by no means new; the Freezer Extreme Rev.2. As the name suggests, the cooler has undergone various revisions, the latest being support for all the latest motherboards and CPUs such as LGA1155 on the Intel side, and AM3+ and FM1 on the AMD side. Most noteworthy is its support for LGA1366 processors. While this may not seem significant, and indeed LGA2011 support is currently lacking, I have to highlight at this point that like the recently reviewed Cooler Master TX3 EVO, the Freezer Extreme Rev. 2 is a lightweight cooler featuring no mounting back plates. So with that, letís talk a bit more about the actual cooler.

MORE HERE

CPU Cooler Round up

"Light weight cooler"? It looks an absolute BEAST!

Comment

It's actually fairly small compared to mid/high end coolers.

CPU Cooler Round up

Comment

gotta agree....looks mahoosive in that picture it is very pretty though

Comment

I have one in my rig and it is really light.

Comment

Clockwise, How would you rate its ease or difficulty of installation?

Comment

Originally posted by julhaz View Post
              Clockwise, How would you rate its ease or difficulty of installation?
              Could be easier but could be harder. You clip on a black square around the cpu and then you need to screw threw between the metal fins where the fan goes which can be hard. If you see page 3 then you will see the kit and later pages show the gap between the fins and the copper square with 2 silver kinda wings and holes in it(thats what screws into the black square).

I would pick it again over a bequiet dark rock as they are harder to install imo but I think they cool a little better and being able to change the fan without going ghetto would be nice.

Comment

My thoughts on the installation: http://www.vortez.net/articles_pages..._review,8.html

As Clockwise says, it's not the easiest but it does require some patience. I have very little when it comes to cooler installation so I didn't like it that much.

CPU Cooler Round up

Comment

that looks big

Comment

just read the review, nice mate. for the price seems pretty reasonable to me tbh

Comment

Working...
                    X