No announcement yet.

Thinking of Watercooling, Advice plz

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The biggest mistake i ever made was buying a ú260 swiftech watercooling kit as the sound it makes compared to my original Noctua setup is highly annoying and alot louder plus the tiny amount of extra overclock is nothing to brag about.

Comment

thats what i still love about the sflex fans, they are not whiney but more a dull drone in my ear which is easy to forget about as most of the noise they make is the sound of rushing air thru the holes in my case.

wc is expensive and tbh its more for looks today than cooling, most will agree that spending 3 or 4 times more for a few c less load temp isnt the real reason they did it. i also think not may will try and say wc doesnt look good, as done right they do put the looks of a pc in another league.

if i was buying a new blower for my system today it would be silver arrow all the way, the new extreme with red and orange fans just looks epic imo
      "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
      Plato

Comment

Originally posted by Cleeecooo View Post
        You can have loops which will be fine for around 3 years maintenance free
        Hmmm maybe I could look more into it then at a later date. I feel like it would be nice to achieve it and be interesting to do, yet didn't want to spend too much time on maintenance. It wouldn't be for some time though.

Comment

Originally posted by FRISH View Post
          This thread peaked up an interest for me to watercool in future but I don't really wanna maintain it every 6 months D:
          I'm using an air cooler and end up pulling it all apart every 3 or 4 months to clean all the dust out of the heatsink

Every 6 months would be good
          Why did the chicken cross the road?
          To get away from the Canadian poultry farmer with loose trousers.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
            My XSPC 750 LPH res/pump combo was inaudible.
            There's a few pumps that are inaudible.
            Both set ups can be as loud or as quiet as each other, the determining factor is the fans, although the watercooling set up has the additional factor of the pump.
            really? I personally found it to be too loud. My D5 is much quieter than eiher of the pump res combos i've had the misfortune to use!

Originally posted by FRISH View Post
            Hmmm maybe I could look more into it then at a later date. I feel like it would be nice to achieve it and be interesting to do, yet didn't want to spend too much time on maintenance. It wouldn't be for some time though.
            Yep, you'll need mayhems pastel fluid
            MY INTERNET IS BETTER THAN YOURS

PROJECT:Temjin-M

Comment

watercooling takes a fair bit of patience,

safe, yes, just be meticulous and if a rad springs a leak youre just unlucky/ need to rma

maintainence isnt that much of an issue tbh

tbh unless you have an expendable income, stick to air cooling.

Comment

For you at the moment I would say stick with mid to high-end air cooling (Noctua NH-D14 or Prolimatech Megahalems Rev C) far easier and as said it can be a lot quieter than water but just effective.
                You could sealed unit cooling like Corsair Hydro H80 or Antec K˙hler H2O 620.
                Asus Maximus VII Hero/Intel i7 4770k/32GB RipjawX/
                ROG Matrix 290X-P/SuperFlower Platinum 1000watt/
                Crucial M500 240GB/3x3TB WD Blue 6gbs/Asus 24x DVDRW/
                SBlaster Zx/Phanteks Enthoo Luxe/Iiyama E2773HDS/Lokstor M51 5.25 HDD Bay

Comment

I wouldn't bother with watercooling either just get a decent air cooler as already suggested and some silent case fans and fan controller.

2 that spring to mind are Noctua NH-D14 or the Bequiet dark rock pro 1 or 2.

Comment

Originally posted by FunkY View Post
                    I'm using an air cooler and end up pulling it all apart every 3 or 4 months to clean all the dust out of the heatsink

Every 6 months would be good
                    Well when I read about it, places suggested about draining it, cleaning the parts, and then after that you'll need to test for leakage making sure it doesnt leak and keep checking up on it. So if that was the case that would be a little annoying to do for me, whereas currently I could just use a can of compressed air when I felt like it which is quick and easy.

Comment

Working...
                    X