Where to go from a Corsair H50?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to go from a Corsair H50?

Apologies if question has been asked before. I'm soon to be building my new rig (i5-2500K, Asus P8Z-68 Pro) and I'm just thinking of last minute improvements. I've got a Corsair H50 and I've been really impressed with it - but how would you improve upon it if you were to upgrade? I like how they have kept it simple for numpties like me, installation and usage wise. With NF-P12 fans I'm getting 28/30c idle - Should I go H80? Would be there any benefit?

Comments and opinions welcomed
    New! ASUS P8Z-68 V-Pro, i5-2500k, Mushkin 120gb SSD, Samsung 1tb HDD, GTX 460 1gb, 16gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 (4x4), Asus Xonar DG, Corsair H50, Win 7 Home 64.

Ladies! If a man says he'll fix something - he will. He doesn't need reminding about it every six months, OK?

There is a good improvement, and with the h80 you can change the fan speed with it, here's a link for it. http://www.anandtech.com/show/5054/c...100-reviewed/2
    Feel free to rep
    The North will never forget!

Comment

I personally wouldn't go for any of the H series apart from the H100. Grab yourself a decent air cooler like a be quiet dark rock or a coolermaster hyper 212 evo
      Originally posted by jointhedotz
      I admit it, it's so damn good! following Alan on the downs, just getting a feel

Comment

I would keep the H50 tbh, its likely the 2500K will have better temps over a Q6600 anyway.

Freedom isn't free"

Comment

much better temps my 2500k is cooler at 4.1Ghz than my Q6600 was at 3Ghz

stick with what you have just give the rad a good clean

Comment

Working...
          X