Coolermaster Hyper 612S

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolermaster Hyper 612S

Anybody have one of these? I just purchased one on the back of the Vortez review, and one or two others. Initially I had the 212 evo on my radar, but on further reading, it appeared the 612S had slightly better temps and was much quieter. I have to say I'm blown away with the performance, of course I am coming from stock cooling, so can't compare it to anything. My first boot into windows, and I fired up SIW to check on the temps. On inspection, my CPU was 17C, this had to be a mistake with the sensors surely? My stock temps beforehand were around 25-27C on a cold boot. I immediately rebooted into Opensuse to check from there, and found the same, I was stuck for words (a rarity for me). The fan was running near full speed, so I changed the set up a little, and the fan now runs around the 800 RPM mark. Again, surprisingly, my temps are around 18-19C idle. Excellent stuff. I haven't really taxed the CPU to any great degree, as I'm not really a power user, I mainly watch a lot of online TV and youtube video's. But flash video can ramp up the temps sometimes, and I've not gone above 23C as of yet. This is a wonderful set of results so far. The main reason for replacing the stock fan was that it's very noisy (although my newly acquired R3 does a good job of dampening the sound) so needed a cheapish alternative. If anybody is on the lookout for a replacement for a stock fan, you could do a lot worse than the 612S, so add it to your short list. Thank you to Vortez (yet again) for a very well put together review. The point about the installation of the 612S is a valid one too, it's frustrating how you need to line up the mounting screws through the holes before you attach the back plate, it took me a few attempts before I was successful. So it possibly is a two man job, but I did manage it on my own (eventually) but it was well worth the hassle in the end.

Glad the review helped you mate . If you want a better indication of temps, try a stress test program like LinX or prime95. But it's a great cooler for the price as you have found for yourself.

CPU Cooler Round up

Comment

Originally posted by Helios1234 View Post
      Glad the review helped you mate . If you want a better indication of temps, try a stress test program like LinX or prime95. But it's a great cooler for the price as you have found for yourself.
      Thank you for the reply mate. I've ran some tests as you asked for. Being a novice with these stress test programs, I have left them on the default settings, maybe you or some other kind soul can offer me some guidance on how to maximise my efforts. However, the results are as follows...

LinX- size=10000 / memory=772 / run=20 times / Duration=13m 18s / Temps=56C and 50C (temps recorded with realtemp)

Prime95- Blend tests=4 / 5 tests were run in total / Duration=14m (test was run as close to LinX duration as possible) / Temps=53C and 48C

I don't know if these temps are good, bad or indifferent?

Comment

Depends on the CPU but those look good
        I5 2500K @ 4.7GHz| Maximus IV Extreme | 8GB Predator DDR3 | Crossfire Radeon 5850| BeQuiet! L8 630W | Corsair 700D
        Razer Lachesis | Razer Black Widow

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksb4 View Post
          Depends on the CPU but those look good
          I'm running an i3 530@3.04Ghz. Not the fastest CPU by any means. But this is a first generation I3 so I presume runs hotter than a sandybridge.

Comment

Those temperatures are fine. They're pretty much the same as my dads system which has a 212+ instead.
            ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.95 GHz | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 2x8GB @ 3333 MHz C14 | ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 OC | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850w | be quiet! Pure Base 600 Tempered Glass | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920 | ASUS ZenBook UX305F

Comment

Originally posted by TheMadDutchDude View Post
              Those temperatures are fine. They're pretty much the same as my dads system which has a 212+ instead.
              That's good to hear, thank you.

Comment

Working...
              X