Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80mm AIO Cooler

Do these even exist?

I've got a little project at work where I'm building a 'display pc'. It has the mount for an AIO cooler, but its for an 80mm fan.

Is there anything that would fit that?

The motherboard I'm using is socket 1151.

Originally posted by coiler
    Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Do you mean the rad mount needs to be 80mm?

Originally posted by Aria
    On reflection though, as I am taking a bath, listening to "Rain of blessing-vajra chant" while typing on the iPad

Comment

no. aio loops are based off 120 and 140mm fans.

might be able to fab a mount that kicks it down to 90mm with a little 3d printing but i would bet it would be easier to just drill a 120mm hole somewhere else in the case
      "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
      Plato

Comment

worth a punt with one of these?
        https://wwwrc.aria.co.uk/catalog/pro...id-cpu-cooler/
        Please see thread, here for how post reports are dealt with.
        Forum Guidelines here

Comment

Originally posted by M4T VW View Post
          Do you mean the rad mount needs to be 80mm?
          Basically, yeah..

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleTop View Post
            DT, you've come up with some great ideas recently!

Definitely worth a look!

Comment

I guess the actual fan could be larger than 80mm, as long as there was a way to use it with 80mm mounts.

You'd think someone like Gigabyte would think of stuff like this when they made a case with holes for a WC loop and a rad mount..

Comment

i know i could model something like this for you, pretty sure you could too

"Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
                Plato

Comment

Some older machines used to have 80>120 conversion "funnels" on them, going back a few years but I do recall using them in the past.

Some of the HP machines that had the side panel mounted "funnel" were 80>120. The problem will most likely be that the 80mm fan mount will be too close to one of the edges in the case, and I don't think I've seen an offset adapter.
                  Please see thread, here for how post reports are dealt with.
                  Forum Guidelines here

Comment

Yeah that's the sort of thing I was thinking of - a fan shroud of some sort. Hadn't thought of the case fan idea though. I wonder if I've got any of those here. I have a machine graveyard of about 15 C2D machines which I'm lining up to be recycled.. I bet one of those has one in there.

Comment

Buy an 80mm rad, a miniature res and some new tubing and mod an AIO. The H55 from Corsair is perfect for modding as it's cheap and cheerful.

Comment

seen this and it might be easier to mod than a 120mm aio?

https://www.asetek.com/desktop/oem-cpu-coolers/545lc/
                        Plato

Comment

It's no easier or harder - it's exactly the same, except you're paying $80 for the 92mm version and you still have to buy an 80mm rad and an optional res. Cheaper to go down the basic ubiquitous Corsair route.

Comment

Originally posted by Bing View Post
                            It's no easier or harder - it's exactly the same, except you're paying $80 for the 92mm version and you still have to buy an 80mm rad and an optional res. Cheaper to go down the basic ubiquitous Corsair route.
                            you don't need to buy anything extra for the loop, that was the reason aaron was thinking about an aio jobbie.

it would be easier to offset this as it is an inch or so smaller so it would fit easier in the space
                            Plato

Comment

Eh?? I'm confused. You've linked a 92mm AIO - He needs an 80mm AIO.

I suggested getting a cheap 120mm AIO and cutting off the tubing, buy an 80mm rad and patch it into the AIO - which he'd still have to do if he bought the 92mm one you linked, except that a 120mm one is cheaper.

Comment

Working...
                              X