X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DoubleTop
    replied
    I've installed nothing but samsungs for the past 3 or so years

There are a few scenarios when the software won't clone, a few tweaks to the existing partitions normally resolves it though. If it does fail after tweaks, EaseUS Todo with the drives in my machine to clone using an image is my backup

Leave a comment:

• cruciate
    replied
    Funny old thing.
    SSD arrived today (thanks guys)
    The cloning software needs to involve a Samsung drive AND will only clone a system drive.
    Not a major issue as cloning a non system drive is as easy as dragging and dropping, then changing the drive letter. But overall my impression of Samsung software is...... Pointless

Leave a comment:

• M4T VW
    replied
    Yeah, There are plenty of others out there that will do it. The samsung software is a straight forward "click this, then click this" that actually works.

Leave a comment:

• Black Knight
    replied
    Norton ghost I have used before and worked ok. There's a few freebies on toms hardware site.

Leave a comment:

• scrivz69
    replied
    http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx Never used it myself but a few mates have with no problem.

Leave a comment:

• cruciate
    replied
    A quick Google suggests one drive has to be a sammy.
    Any good software for cloning the boot partition of a drive?

Leave a comment:

• scrivz69
    replied
    I thought it only did too or from a Samsung.
    Last edited by scrivz69; 02-02-16, 14:19.

Leave a comment:

• coiler
    replied
    Sammy magician picks up any drive so it should work?

Leave a comment:

• scrivz69
    replied
    Samsung software should clone your 128Gb drive no problem, the other one you will have to use something else.

Leave a comment:

• cruciate
    replied
    Based on this thread, I have ordered the samsung 250gb 850EVO which is so good on super special that it even works out cheap when delivery is added.

I am moving my aging 128gb into a laptop, and need good cloning software to try to copy my 128gb drive onto the sammy, then clone the boot drive from the existing laptop to make my old SSD bootable in the laptop. If samsung software is able to do all that, then it makes todays SSD deals even better!

Leave a comment:

• coiler
    replied
    Samsung Magician A++++++++++++++++++

Turning on RAPID BK?

Leave a comment:

• M4T VW
    replied
    Yes, I have used it on about 3 different installs now. I have chosen a samsung SSD just for the clone software.

Leave a comment:

• scrivz69
    replied
    Agreed Samsung software is brilliant.

Leave a comment:

• Black Knight
    started a topic Samsung 500Gb EVO

Samsung 500Gb EVO

What fantastic service as usual. A certain feline assisted my Web purchase. Turned up today. Easy to fit and the data transfer software makes the process nice and easy.
Working...
X