Samsung 500Gb EVO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samsung 500Gb EVO

What fantastic service as usual. A certain feline assisted my Web purchase. Turned up today. Easy to fit and the data transfer software makes the process nice and easy.
    My local hospital has a sign which reads "This way for accidents and emergencies." Haven't people in hospital got enough to worry about without looking for further misfortune?

Agreed Samsung software is brilliant.

Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming K7. Ryzen 1700. 16GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB. Zotac GTX980ti Amp Omega Edition. Samsung 840 500 GB SSD. WD 1 TB Green. XFX 750w XTR Psu. Creative GIgaworks T20 series 2 speakers. Asus DX 7.1. Phanteks Enthoo ATX Glass case. iiyama G-master GE2788HS Monitor. Cyborg V7. TT Theron mouse.

Comment

Yes, I have used it on about 3 different installs now. I have chosen a samsung SSD just for the clone software.

Originally posted by Aria
      On reflection though, as I am taking a bath, listening to "Rain of blessing-vajra chant" while typing on the iPad

Comment

Samsung Magician A++++++++++++++++++

Turning on RAPID BK?
        Originally posted by Aaron
        I want those sweet cherries

Comment

Based on this thread, I have ordered the samsung 250gb 850EVO which is so good on super special that it even works out cheap when delivery is added.

I am moving my aging 128gb into a laptop, and need good cloning software to try to copy my 128gb drive onto the sammy, then clone the boot drive from the existing laptop to make my old SSD bootable in the laptop. If samsung software is able to do all that, then it makes todays SSD deals even better!
          Originally posted by coiler
          the trails is where life flows best
          Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

Samsung software should clone your 128Gb drive no problem, the other one you will have to use something else.

Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming K7. Ryzen 1700. 16GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB. Zotac GTX980ti Amp Omega Edition. Samsung 840 500 GB SSD. WD 1 TB Green. XFX 750w XTR Psu. Creative GIgaworks T20 series 2 speakers. Asus DX 7.1. Phanteks Enthoo ATX Glass case. iiyama G-master GE2788HS Monitor. Cyborg V7. TT Theron mouse.

Comment

Sammy magician picks up any drive so it should work?
              Originally posted by Aaron
              I want those sweet cherries

Comment

I thought it only did too or from a Samsung.
                Last edited by scrivz69; 02-02-16, 14:19.

Comment

A quick Google suggests one drive has to be a sammy.
                  Any good software for cloning the boot partition of a drive?
                  Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx Never used it myself but a few mates have with no problem.

Comment

Norton ghost I have used before and worked ok. There's a few freebies on toms hardware site.
                      My local hospital has a sign which reads "This way for accidents and emergencies." Haven't people in hospital got enough to worry about without looking for further misfortune?

Comment

Yeah, There are plenty of others out there that will do it. The samsung software is a straight forward "click this, then click this" that actually works.

Originally posted by Aria
                        On reflection though, as I am taking a bath, listening to "Rain of blessing-vajra chant" while typing on the iPad

Comment

Funny old thing.
                          SSD arrived today (thanks guys)
                          The cloning software needs to involve a Samsung drive AND will only clone a system drive.
                          Not a major issue as cloning a non system drive is as easy as dragging and dropping, then changing the drive letter. But overall my impression of Samsung software is...... Pointless

Comment

I've installed nothing but samsungs for the past 3 or so years

There are a few scenarios when the software won't clone, a few tweaks to the existing partitions normally resolves it though. If it does fail after tweaks, EaseUS Todo with the drives in my machine to clone using an image is my backup
                            Please see thread, here for how post reports are dealt with.
                            Forum Guidelines here

Comment

Working...
                            X