Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shocking service and lack of interest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Can't say fairer than that really.

    Freedom isn't free"



    Comment


    • #17
      Here's an example of an unused MSI R9 280X with the same plastic seals.

      There's also a small gallery should you like a closer look: http://imgur.com/a/81M0s

      Comment


      • #18
        Identical manufacturing process then it seems.
        Originally posted by Aaron
        I want those sweet cherries

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Walsh View Post
          So to clarify the situation for you:

          Actual maximum temperature it reached in testing, and the one that was reported to yourself was a spike of 86C, not 94C.
          The card it was compared to was another 270x Hawk which itself spiked at 84C.
          The seals are not melted, they are like that on all MSI cards manufactured in this way, whether you can believe it or not this is the case.
          We offered to send it back to MSI for you before you came to collect and you declined, we offered again at the counter and you declined saying someone from MSI had said you could remove the warranty sticker and replace the thermal compound and you'd rather do that than wait.
          If you can provide evidence that you were told this by an MSI rep would still be happy to send it back for you after speaking with them to confirm this.

          Please contact our customer services at cs@aria.co.uk and we can continue to help you from here.
          Alternatively you could ask the rep you spoke to if you can send it back to them yourself if you'd rather do that.
          Oh? 86c...i must not be able to read...



          capture

          Yes I was given the option of sending it back to the manufacturer, but why hasn't such a clearly faulty product been replaced straight away? Why must I wait 30+ days for a replacement?

          Why where my detailed emails with test results from my second card of the same age (showing a maximum of 75c) replied to with one line responses?

          Here is some confirmation from the MANUFACTURER that 80c would be considered the normal maximum temperature NOT 94c as your testers seem to think.



          capture screen

          Note that it states UPTO 80c.

          Also here is confirmation from the MSI rep that 94c is indeed to high..



          upload a picture

          I hope this clarifies all the points and misinformation you have raised



          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by clubber122 View Post
            Oh? 86c...i must not be able to read...



            capture

            Yes I was given the option of sending it back to the manufacturer, but why hasn't such a clearly faulty product been replaced straight away? Why must I wait 30+ days for a replacement?

            Why where my detailed emails with test results from my second card of the same age (showing a maximum of 75c) replied to with one line responses?

            Here is some confirmation from the MANUFACTURER that 80c would be considered the normal maximum temperature NOT 94c as your testers seem to think.



            capture screen

            Note that it states UPTO 80c.

            Also here is confirmation from the MSI rep that 94c is indeed to high..



            upload a picture

            I hope this clarifies all the points and misinformation you have raised
            It appears our customer services reported an incorrect number to yourself, the information relayed from our returns team was "Have tested the card, under full load was running at 86C with fans at ~60%. Compared to a new one that was tested for comparison this is only 3C more, unlikely MSI would do anything would probably be returned as no fault found. Reason for contact: Customer would be unable to send to MSI directly would have to go through us anyway, can you see if they would like to send it regardless? MSI turn around time for the last few cards has been between 24-34 days so may take a while. Outside of our 28 days."
            I apologize that you were misinformed, this was entirely our error, I have spoken to Patrick and he has confirmed that it was his own error in misreading/mistyping the information, he would like me to convey his own apologies.

            Our policy regarding the return of all items is that within 28 days we will replace the item as it is likely it arrived with the customer faulty and the fault was not induced by the customer. Outside of that period we handle the manufacturer warranty, this covers us against any damage induced by the customer that we may have missed on inspection as it is the manufacturer that decides the outcome of the return. You will find most companies operate a similar policy especially due to the complex and fragile nature of the products in the industry. Regardless of the product or fault, after this amount of time you are not eligible for an immediate replacement.

            As for the lack of acknowledgement of your own testing believe me it was given due consideration, we must however attempt to prove a fault internally as from time to time we have had customers attempt to fabricate information to get a replacement or a refund for something they may have damaged. It is not that we believe this to be the case every time out of hand but we must rely purely on our own findings which were that, compared to the other HAWK we have, it appeared to be functioning as normal, usually with AMD cards if it runs at a temperature it is not designed to run at it will cut out completely to prevent damage to itself and other components. Of course we considered your own report in our testing, which is why we compared it to a third card.

            Please return the GPU so that, after confirming with them given the evidence you have presented, we may arrange its return to MSI as we offered to do before.

            Out of interest, did you see any improvement after replacing the TIM?

            Comment


            • #21
              Have you tried swapping the cards around? Having one card run hotter than the other in a two card setup isn't strange in itself (although anything over 85C would have me concerned too, hell anything over 75 makes me pay attention).

              It's worth noting that neither AMD or MSI seem to list the max safe temp amongst the card's specifications (I've only had a brief look, so may have missed it). Even the MSI rep states that he doesn't know what the thermal limit is, just that 94 is too high in his opinion (and to be fair most people would agree these days). It could in fact turn out that they've got a thermal limit in excess of 100 though, and if that's the case it will come back as no fault found even through MSI. AMD cards with bad coolers hitting 125C isn't unheard of after all (XFX).

              Even if it did get that hot it's not a fire hazard, that's an over reaction. Your system will shut down before it gets hot enough to cause damage to the system, never mind hot enough to cause an actual fire.

              Also if you've not reapplied the TIM properly, used too much (or not enough), or if the cooler hasn't been secured properly, then that won't have helped if it did anything at all... Might be worth reapplying the TIM. Also, what TIM did you use? Did you clean the old stuff off the card and heatsink first?
              Why did the chicken cross the road?
              To get away from the Canadian poultry farmer with loose trousers.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Walsh View Post
                It appears our customer services reported an incorrect number to yourself, the information relayed from our returns team was "Have tested the card, under full load was running at 86C with fans at ~60%. Compared to a new one that was tested for comparison this is only 3C more, unlikely MSI would do anything would probably be returned as no fault found. Reason for contact: Customer would be unable to send to MSI directly would have to go through us anyway, can you see if they would like to send it regardless? MSI turn around time for the last few cards has been between 24-34 days so may take a while. Outside of our 28 days."
                I apologize that you were misinformed, this was entirely our error, I have spoken to Patrick and he has confirmed that it was his own error in misreading/mistyping the information, he would like me to convey his own apologies.

                Our policy regarding the return of all items is that within 28 days we will replace the item as it is likely it arrived with the customer faulty and the fault was not induced by the customer. Outside of that period we handle the manufacturer warranty, this covers us against any damage induced by the customer that we may have missed on inspection as it is the manufacturer that decides the outcome of the return. You will find most companies operate a similar policy especially due to the complex and fragile nature of the products in the industry. Regardless of the product or fault, after this amount of time you are not eligible for an immediate replacement.

                As for the lack of acknowledgement of your own testing believe me it was given due consideration, we must however attempt to prove a fault internally as from time to time we have had customers attempt to fabricate information to get a replacement or a refund for something they may have damaged. It is not that we believe this to be the case every time out of hand but we must rely purely on our own findings which were that, compared to the other HAWK we have, it appeared to be functioning as normal, usually with AMD cards if it runs at a temperature it is not designed to run at it will cut out completely to prevent damage to itself and other components. Of course we considered your own report in our testing, which is why we compared it to a third card.

                Please return the GPU so that, after confirming with them given the evidence you have presented, we may arrange its return to MSI as we offered to do before.

                Out of interest, did you see any improvement after replacing the TIM?
                Thanks for your reply, I havent reapplied the TIM as I didn't want to tamper with the card.

                I can return both cards for you to test and you will see the difference, also if you read any review of these cards you will find that most find temps of between 60-80.

                Given that the card has apparently hit 86c the manufacturer has confirmed 80c is the upper limit therefore this temperature isn't acceptable.



                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by clubber122 View Post
                  Thanks for your reply, I havent reapplied the TIM as I didn't want to tamper with the card.

                  I can return both cards for you to test and you will see the difference, also if you read any review of these cards you will find that most find temps of between 60-80.

                  Given that the card has apparently hit 86c the manufacturer has confirmed 80c is the upper limit therefore this temperature isn't acceptable.
                  Don't worry about returning both to prove it, the information you have passed to us from MSI is more than enough for us to send both your own card and the one we have that was previously waiting to go into stock to them. I can only apologise again for the confusion and get the card back to MSI as quickly as possible so you are without it for the least amount of time.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Walsh View Post
                    Don't worry about returning both to prove it, the information you have passed to us from MSI is more than enough for us to send both your own card and the one we have that was previously waiting to go into stock to them. I can only apologise again for the confusion and get the card back to MSI as quickly as possible so you are without it for the least amount of time.
                    Should I bring it in to store?



                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by clubber122 View Post
                      Should I bring it in to store?
                      If that is the most convenient way for you to bring it back then that's absolutely fine yes.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        is that MSIRawz the very same as use to play in these very forums? and work for this same company??
                        posted by scrivz69
                        I think I may leave this forum, it seems to be full of the village people.​
                        i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS




                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by joker3327 View Post
                          is that MSIRawz the very same as use to play in these very forums? and work for this same company??
                          Lol yup.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Walsh View Post
                            If that is the most convenient way for you to bring it back then that's absolutely fine yes.
                            I've decided I'd rather have the expense of dealing with the RMA myself and know I've been fairly treated than let your company deal with it, as a result of all of this I've lost complete confidence in your companies customer service and professionalism and you have lost my custom as well as several other distinguished customers who are disgusted with this.

                            Regards



                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by clubber122 View Post
                              I've decided I'd rather have the expense of dealing with the RMA myself and know I've been fairly treated than let your company deal with it, as a result of all of this I've lost complete confidence in your companies customer service and professionalism and you have lost my custom as well as several other distinguished customers who are disgusted with this.

                              Regards
                              I'm very sorry to hear that and can only again offer my apologies for the whole situation. Should you have any issues sending the item to MSI please keep in mind we are still happy to do so on your behalf.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X