• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDD Order

Hi

Ordered 2 4TB WD reds yesterday "standard delivery"

Turned up today :

Very fast and efficient, as always, but ............

I was slightly concerned at work when checking the DPD tracker to read

"Your parcel has been delivered and signed for by FRONT STEP at 09:53 on Fri 09 Jan 2015"
    Yep, just left on the doorstep
    flickr | Pootling Pics | Instagram

Originally posted by {SAS}TB View Post
    Hi

Ordered 2 4TB WD reds yesterday "standard delivery"

Turned up today :

Very fast and efficient, as always, but ............

I was slightly concerned at work when checking the DPD tracker to read

Yep, just left on the doorstep
    I don't even.

Should I be impressed, or appalled?
    GIGABYTE Z97MX-Gaming 5 Intel Z97 (1150 Socket) ATX Intel i5-4690 3.5GHz (Devil's Canyon) MSi TwinFrozr 970 8Gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz Corsair AX760i PSU

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo101 View Post
      I don't even.

Should I be impressed, or appalled?
      Pretty appalled tbh, 200 -250 worth of HDD there pal

Comment

Originally posted by le4thab View Post
        Pretty appalled tbh, 200 -250 worth of HDD there pal
        No no, that I am most definitely appalled at!

I meant more that they can sign if off as 'Doorstep' and just dump it there - that's one hell of a delivery and sign-for recipient!
        GIGABYTE Z97MX-Gaming 5 Intel Z97 (1150 Socket) ATX Intel i5-4690 3.5GHz (Devil's Canyon) MSi TwinFrozr 970 8Gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz Corsair AX760i PSU

Comment

Just realised as well, delivered at 09.53 - so presumably sat there all day whilst OP was in work?!

Comment

No no, that I am most definitely appalled at!

I meant more that they can sign if off as 'Doorstep' and just dump it there - that's one hell of a delivery and sign-for recipient!
            Ahh right

Comment

Originally posted by le4thab View Post
              Ahh right
              Should've at least left it with a neighbour - a 'doorstep' just isn't a good enough sign off for me
              Comical almost that they can do that!

Comment

Should've at least left it with a neighbour - a 'doorstep' just isn't a good enough sign off for me
                Comical almost that they can do that!
                Yeah, i would be really unhappy if it was me

Comment

Well SAS has his HDD's, so I'm not sure what the issue is.

If someone had come along and taken the HDD's from the front step, the courier wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

So it's the couriers risk, not the receivers or senders.

So the receiver gets their delivery earlier than if they had to wait for a re-delivery, and has no risk if the item goes missing, i.e. if the driver had done a "signed for by John Smith" !?!?

Given my neighbourhood, i'm more than happy for things to be left on my doorstep.
                  FILM QUIZ!!!!? Name the film from the quote!!
                  "Right. Better clench up, Legolas"

Comment

Originally posted by R1gg4 View Post
                    Well SAS has his HDD's, so I'm not sure what the issue is.

If someone had come along and taken the HDD's from the front step, the courier wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

So it's the couriers risk, not the receivers or senders.

So the receiver gets their delivery earlier than if they had to wait for a re-delivery, and has no risk if the item goes missing, i.e. if the driver had done a "signed for by John Smith" !?!?

Given my neighbourhood, i'm more than happy for things to be left on my doorstep.
                    I would too with my neighbours, but the courier wouldn't know that? It's a hell of calculated risk - he obviously felt that it was worth it and as you say, SAS has his HDD's which is great news, but IF they had gone missing, it wouldn't be quite so great news and it's the rigmarole of sorting it all out then, for SAS anyway.

No skin off my news personally, just find it ludicrous that someone can leave 200 of stuff just sat on a doorstep - I'd be p*ssed if I got home to find that had happened to me, best interests for me at heart or not! Haha. It's lazy, put it round the side of a house, in a bin, under a bench, with a neighbour - SOMETHING, not just on the doorstep. Christ, it could be dark and SAS could STAND on them for all the courier knows - who's fault would that have been then?

Comment

Thing is "on the doorstep" covers a myriad of things, from tucked behind a small enclave right outside the front door down a drive (i.e. not easily visible), to brazenly left out on a street faced front door. I very much doubt the later.

As you say alls well that ends well, and we judge these things based on our own doorsteps I guess!!
                      FILM QUIZ!!!!? Name the film from the quote!!
                      "Right. Better clench up, Legolas"

Comment

I have no real issue with it as such as my wife came back home a few hours later and found them.

Its also a good area so no real problem with them "going missing" however - the weather today wasn't great so to be left out to the elements (no porch to the front door) when the neighbours were in and the garage door (12 feet behind the DPD delivery guy when he left it on the front doorstep) obviously would have been a better choice #

Whilst I appreciate that DPD have no idea (or the value) of whats in the parcel, that isn't the point

Aria's service was fantastic, as they have always been with me, DPD however could try harder
                        Last edited by {SAS}TB; 09-01-15, 19:33.
                        flickr | Pootling Pics | Instagram

Comment

Cracking door wedges those WD red i've heard, DPD driver must have heard the same

I'd not be bothered personally, as long as I got them ok. Its if they wasn't there when I got home i'd be angry.
                          Originally posted by Aaron
                          I want those sweet cherries

Comment

I guess it depends on the environment. If you're on a terrace and they are just left there within easy grabbing reach of the street then hopefully they would have more sense, but if you're in a leafy suburb and the property has it's own garden etc so it's not so obvious then I suppose it's different.

Not sure what exactly DPDs rules are on this. Ultimately all these courier companies rely on fleets of contracting men with vans, who they presumably provide guidelines to, so I guess that ultimately a lot is down to the common sense of your particular man with van on that day.

Comment

I like the fact that some people are honest with such high value goods, A few people might see a little devil pop up in front of them when they see who signed for it lol.

Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming K7. Ryzen 1700. 16GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB. Zotac GTX980ti Amp Omega Edition. Samsung 840 500 GB SSD. WD 1 TB Green. XFX 750w XTR Psu. Creative GIgaworks T20 series 2 speakers. Asus DX 7.1. Phanteks Enthoo ATX Glass case. iiyama G-master GE2788HS Monitor. Cyborg V7. TT Theron mouse.

Comment

Working...
                              X