Aria Coffee Machine Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aria Coffee Machine Review

So I went into Aria HQ as I do most every month on payday and whilst I was waiting for my order and Stewpots went on a random quest into the warehouse, I decided to give the new and improved coffee machine an opportunity to impress me.

First impressions:
    The machine is colourful and attractive whilst not overly bulky in size, this gave a nice first impression and made me feel as if I "needed" a drink rather than being a person of my own free will and wanting a drink to quench my thirst. The cover art was a little generic for my liking but it was fit for purpose.

The Drink:
    Whilst gazing through the plethora of hot drinks that were available to me, I instantly saw my "weapon of choice" when I read what was on offer on the right hand menu - A strong Expresso! I succumbed to temptation and immediately threw my money into the change slot, which in retrospect may have not been the best option as I ended up dropping a 10p coin into my shoe - perhaps a little over excited over what was to come.
    After the machine decided I wasn't worthy of having any change (understandable), I was greeted with a loud "thud", the sound I could only relate to when Robin hits unexpected noobs with his ban hammer.
    The drink began to pour and I was tempted to do a little dance on the spot in anticipation as for the 1st time in as long as I can remember, Aria was pretty quiet and I was only 1 of 2 customers at the sales desk. The machine threw out the coffee in a mesmerizing industrial whoosh and I reached in for 'the kill', little did I know I would have a little surprise...

After gazing into the well insulated Kenco cup, I was underwhelmed with what was upon me...

Yes, that's right! 1/2 a bloody cup of coffee!

I am not normally a man that kicks up a stink about anything, I usually shrug it off as an "oh well, thats life" moment, however this hot and frothy treat cost me 25p and I was much displeased with the volume of liquid that was in my cup! It redeemed itself a little as the coffee itself tasted like liquid gold that had been squeezed into a cup by way of Arnold Schwarzenegger's biceps and forearm meeting together - however I will be reluctant to purchase such a treat in future.

The delicious Vimto drink I ordered shortly after however was much more refreshing and the cup was at near full capacity.

Verdict

7/10 - A good effort but this is not a full cup of coffee gentlemen!

i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

5* review, would read again
    --
    Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

Comment

Ian,

Are you sure that the coffee machine had the most recent Kenco optimised drivers installed? The packaging looked good, although the contents were a bit underwhelming.

This review needs benchmark figures.

I hate to be Captain Obvious, but are you aware that an Espresso is supposed to be a short (i.e not full) strong coffee...?
      Last edited by 633Squadron; 25-01-13, 20:40.
      Creator of the Retr0bright Wiki - www.retr0bright.wikispaces.com and Admin at www.amibay.com - the retro computer trading forum - and Bigian88's Dad.....

Comment

Originally posted by 633Squadron View Post

I hate to be Captain Obvious, but are you aware that an Espresso is supposed to be a short (i.e not full) strong coffee...?

I would have accepted that if it was 70-80% full, not 50% - NEEDS MOAR OVERCLOCKING
        i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

Originally posted by BigIan88 View Post
          I would have accepted that if it was 70-80% full, not 50% - NEEDS MOAR OVERCLOCKING
          This. I concur.
          Creator of the Retr0bright Wiki - www.retr0bright.wikispaces.com and Admin at www.amibay.com - the retro computer trading forum - and Bigian88's Dad.....

Comment

Re: Aria Coffee Machine Review

Needs refilling atm. The admincat and pt have been draining the choc and espresso

Comment

Looks about right for an espresso!

Damn fine review though
              posted by scrivz69
              I think I may leave this forum, it seems to be full of the village people.​
              i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

Comment

Originally posted by joker3327 View Post
                Looks about right for an espresso!
                That's the whole point of an espresso. You are supposed to feel short changed.

But then it hits the tastebuds. Yummy.

25p? And that probably delivered more taxes to the government than whatever it would have cost at Star*ucks. (Sorry, never shopped there so have no idea what it charges.)

More reviews please.
                Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus Z-170-K + Intel i5-6500 + 512GB Samsung M.2 PCI-e SSD + 16GB DDR4 2400MHz Memory
                Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus M5A88-M EVO + AMD Phenom II X6 + 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600 + Radeon HD 6450
                Win 10 Home 32-bit + Asus M2N-SLI DeLuxe + AMD Athlon 64 X2, Dual Core 5400 + 4.0 GB Memory + NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

Comment

At least you know it's a branded item. You probably got a OEM drink.

Comment

Re: Aria Coffee Machine Review

There's a reason that coffee shops use different sized cups for the different drinks.

I type 90 WPM, Click Here to try
                    i7 3770k @ 4.6ghz | Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H | R9 290| 16GB Ram @ 1600mhz
                    Nikon D5100 + Kit Lens + 50mm 1.8G - 16-35mm F4 VR // Ultrasone PRO 2900s - Audio GD NFB-3.1 - Neco Mosfett Amp

Comment

Espresso is usually a shot glass worth of uber strong beans, 25-50ml depending on the machine, so what you got was spot on. The normal turbochocs, coffee's etc are all brimmed to the top

Starbucks charge a couple of quid for an espresso shot

AMAZING REVIEW WOULD VIEW AGAIN A++++++++++++++++
                      Originally posted by Aaron
                      I want those sweet cherries

Comment

Cafe Nero double macchiato

I type 90 WPM, Click Here to try
                        i7 3770k @ 4.6ghz | Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H | R9 290| 16GB Ram @ 1600mhz
                        Nikon D5100 + Kit Lens + 50mm 1.8G - 16-35mm F4 VR // Ultrasone PRO 2900s - Audio GD NFB-3.1 - Neco Mosfett Amp

Comment

Twas the most random of quests, got to the warehouse and forgot what i went in there for.

and at least you are allowed a drink, the machine keeps calling my name but i must resist its alluring call.
                          Overkill Media Rig
                          Intel® Core™ i7 4790K @ Stock | ASUS ROG Maximus VI Impact | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP Red 1866 C11 | 240GB Crucial M500 | 2x 4TB Seagate Barracuda Media Drives + 1x 2TB 2.5" Games/Scratch Drive | Gigabyte GTX 780 OC (Titan Cooler) | EVGA Hadron Air w/ PSU
                          | 46" Samsung Full HD 3D TV

Gaming Rig
                          Intel® Core™ i7 4790K @ 4.90GHz - Will Get 5GHz!! | ASUS ROG Maximus VII Gene | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 1866 C10 | Corsair H100i | 2x OCZ 120GB SSD RAID 0 - Windows 8.1 | 80GB Intel SSD - Windows 10 Developer Preview | MSI Gaming GTX 770 2-Way SLi | Corsair AX 860i Platinum PSU | Corsair Obsidian 350D mATX Case | Dell Ultrasharp Monitor

Comment

Stewpotz into the warehouse? must have been looking for more 680s to break
                            i5 2500K, Asus P8Z68-v/Gen3, Onboard gpu ,16gb Geil Black dragon, 250gb Samsung 850, 4.5tb storage, Asus Xonar D2 , Fractal R3, Dell U2312HM

Comment

Originally posted by nft99 View Post
                              Stewpotz into the warehouse? must have been looking for more 680s to break

You're on to me.........

tin foil hat on standby

Overkill Media Rig
                              Intel® Core™ i7 4790K @ Stock | ASUS ROG Maximus VI Impact | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP Red 1866 C11 | 240GB Crucial M500 | 2x 4TB Seagate Barracuda Media Drives + 1x 2TB 2.5" Games/Scratch Drive | Gigabyte GTX 780 OC (Titan Cooler) | EVGA Hadron Air w/ PSU
                              | 46" Samsung Full HD 3D TV

Gaming Rig
                              Intel® Core™ i7 4790K @ 4.90GHz - Will Get 5GHz!! | ASUS ROG Maximus VII Gene | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 1866 C10 | Corsair H100i | 2x OCZ 120GB SSD RAID 0 - Windows 8.1 | 80GB Intel SSD - Windows 10 Developer Preview | MSI Gaming GTX 770 2-Way SLi | Corsair AX 860i Platinum PSU | Corsair Obsidian 350D mATX Case | Dell Ultrasharp Monitor

Comment

Working...
                              X