Not a very good RMA experience

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a very good RMA experience

On the 25th February I returned a Kingston 64GB SSD which had failed in my computer. After doing some research I found the Kingston website noted that this particular SSD was prone to failure unless the firmware was upgraded, and mine had indeed failed completely. I personally took it back to Aria, and the chap in the returns dept checked the drive and confirmed it was dead. He said they would return it to Kingston and I should have a replacement in a couple of weeks. I accepted this - first mistake.

Now I pretty sure that my contract for the sale of this item was with Aria, not Kingston. It's very interesting that Aria want to return it to Kingston for credit, but if its confirmed by Aria as dead when I returned it they should have replaced or refunded the item there and then. Its like returning a broken fridge to Comet, they replace or refund it; you don't wait two months while they send it to Hotpoint for an opinion.

After two weeks I contacted Aria to find out what was happening. Here is a record of what subsequently happened:

15/3 - Will investigate and get back to you (didn't)
    23/3 - Will investigate and get back to you (didn't)
    26/3 - Will investigate and get back to you (didn't)
    27/3 - Will investigate and get back to you (didn't)
    28/3 - Will investigate and get back to you before 4pm (didn't)
    30/3 - Will investigate and get back to you (did - still looking into it)
    2/4 - Will investigate and get back to you (did - I suggest replacement, Aria think this will be OK and will send one)
    13/4 - Query delivery of replacement
    17/4 - Replacement eventually arrives

So after 9 weeks, 1 personal visit and 8 phone calls I eventually get a replacement. Customer service?

Once again Aria shows it is lacking in customer care , i know its not just Aria but i am here because of a similar problem Lack of communication !!!
    I have no doubt we will see similar posts here until someone decides its time to do something ,,,, When customers stop coming back
    RMA is one of the biggest problems with any internet PC shopping , Aria come on address this problem ! and become one the best RMA return Retailers you could gain extra customers rather than loose some .
    PS i was told the lack of communication was due to staff away / holidays
    AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.1.,,Cooler Master Hyper TX 3,,,Sapphire PURE Crossfire X 790GX,,8 gig OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 Gold GX XTC Dual Channel,,OCZ agility 120 SSD, 1 TB Samsung spinpoint, 2 x XFX 6870,s crossfire , Cooler-master storm ,Case
    Razer Arctosa KB, CM storm sentinal mouse ,,26" iiyama 1080p,Windows 7 64bit

Comment

Could you please post up an RMA number so i can look in to the break down in the service you received? That time frame seems to be much greater than usual, hopefully we can find out what has happened in this instance and avoid the same issue in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by chrig View Post
        Could you please post up an RMA number so i can look in to the break down in the service you received? That time frame seems to be much greater than usual, hopefully we can find out what has happened in this instance and avoid the same issue in the future.
        The number is RMA 257406

I think the whole point of this (and it seems commonplace in the PC retail industry) is that apparently to avoid potential financial loss, it appears that a PC company will not refund or replace an item until they have a confirmed credit from the manufacturer, even if they have confirmed in-house at the point of return that a part is faulty (how else do you explain the response in one phone call that 'we are waiting for a credit from the manufacturer'?). The company therefore loads the delay on the customer and hopes they don't investigate the Sales of Goods Act, the Direct Selling Regulations or the EEC directive on 2 year warranties. I am fed up with comments from companies along the lines of 'you should take it up with the manufacturer', or 'we are waiting for a response from the manufacturer'. My transaction is with the PC company and they should refund, replace or repair based on whether the goods are fit for purpose. The PC company's conversation with the manufacturer is interesting, but it should not influence or delay the assessment of a refund or replacement.

Comment

I will look in depth before miday tomorrow and come back with a response. I can see some break down in communication which appears to be both way but it should not have caused nearly 2 months in our system. Do you remmember who you spoke to in the customer service department?

I fully understand your frustration with what you describe as an industry wide issue, we aim to use our discression when possible to cut down the time you spend waiting for your item, this unfortunatly is not always possible.

This is a common and consistant message which i am reading through these forums, and its one i'll be passing upwards through our internal system.

Comment

Originally posted by chrig View Post
            I will look in depth before miday tomorrow and come back with a response. I can see some break down in communication which appears to be both way but it should not have caused nearly 2 months in our system. Do you remmember who you spoke to in the customer service department?

I fully understand your frustration with what you describe as an industry wide issue, we aim to use our discression when possible to cut down the time you spend waiting for your item, this unfortunatly is not always possible.

This is a common and consistant message which i am reading through these forums, and its one i'll be passing upwards through our internal system.
            I think the lady I spoke with for the majority of the time was called Kirsty. The last two or three calls were with Steven.

Comment

We'll be having a meeting involving the returns department, customer services, supplier returns, accounts and management. This is due for mid afternoon, We are trying to get this sorted once and for all.

Comment

@ Chrig so what was the outcome of said meeting ??
                AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.1.,,Cooler Master Hyper TX 3,,,Sapphire PURE Crossfire X 790GX,,8 gig OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 Gold GX XTC Dual Channel,,OCZ agility 120 SSD, 1 TB Samsung spinpoint, 2 x XFX 6870,s crossfire , Cooler-master storm ,Case

Comment

We are heavily reviewing our stance on the 28day system.

I'm with you people thinking that the process isn't giving you the service you need.

I hope that when these situtations arrive that we can come to some arragement for an equivelent replacement or Credit before we send this to our supplier. We can not rule out the need for some items going on a 28day turn around but it should be a bare minimum of RMA's which require this, rather than a majority.

In my opinion BlueAstra should have received a replacement on the 15/3 a the latest.

Comment

Thanks Chrig for the info , hopefully a lot of customers will be happy with a review of the 28 day wait , and it should also stop the need for not so good posts on the forum
                    Aria should be the leader in Customer care with only good RMA experiences , the word will soon spread leading to becoming the best online supplier , Well done

Comment

Working...
                    X