Shopping basket postage display cost suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shopping basket postage display cost suggestion

Don't really think I need to give my order number as this is more so a general issue.

And was really just wanting to see if I am correct on this, and if so to request it be changed by you.

But on ordering from you yesterday, the order stated that the postage would be 6.95.

Aria is one of the only stores I have bought from that charges postage.

But after ordering I have noticed that the prices I have been quoted for each item and the 6.95 postage don't add up to what I have actually been charged. The difference was about 1.30 extra.

I was a little annoyed by this.

My only guess is that this 6.95 postage was a before VAT number? And this 1.30 was VAT on the postage, making the true postage costs 8.25

I think this is very misleading IMHO. On your items you mention both the before and after VAT numbers. And I believe you should mention the after VAT for the postage charges.

I say this as there is no way for me to not pay VAT on this order, so it is not the true value, and by not mentioning it you are making it appear cheaper that what it truly is.

Hope this is not taken too harshly. And apologies if I am incorrect on this and you do not charge VAT ontop of your stated postage. But if so where has this extra costs come from.

Thanks

The basket adds the VAT at the end, heres an example

Originally posted by Aaron
    I want those sweet cherries

Comment

I may be wrong, but I thought in these sort of cases, you had to buy at normal prices and then claim the VAT back yourself?

Originally posted by coiler
      Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

Vat is added on the total order and i believe this shows once the item has been added to the basket.

the 6.95 price is exc vat.

It has been mentioned before for the carrige costs to show the vat prices but this is a issue for aria.

However i would like to point out that there should hopefully be some free shipping offers coming for forum members so why not stick around and hopefully take advantage
        <iframe height='160' width='300' frameborder='0' allowtransparency='true' scrolling='no' src='https://www.strava.com/athletes/2768256/activity-summary/f83653646f45d8258c46d33b43bfa7598850ffdd'></iframe>

Comment

Originally posted by coiler View Post

Ok, you must appreciate that a person would think the VAT is just the VAT for the items not the postage.

If you don't feel you need to mention the VAT prices, then why not show for example the Samsung 1.5TB drives as only 57.00?

When I look down the super savers list it has all the after VAT prices.

I go into the actual page and it has the before VAT in small writing underneath.

That is fine, but the postage you only show the before VAT price, and have no mention anywhere on that page that this is a before VAT price.

8.25 postage is a lot more off putting than 6.95 postage I agree, but you should say how much the true amount of postage is at least somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by tystar View Post
            However i would like to point out that there should hopefully be some free shipping offers coming for forum members so why not stick around and hopefully take advantage
            The items I bought were supersaver items so the free postage would not apply anyway.

You really should mention it somewhere that the postage is before VAT.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyG View Post
              The items I bought were supersaver items so the free postage would not apply anyway.

I agree totally but as long as the total price in the basket shows correct and most importanlty cheaper than somewhere else thats all that matters.
              <iframe height='160' width='300' frameborder='0' allowtransparency='true' scrolling='no' src='https://www.strava.com/athletes/2768256/activity-summary/f83653646f45d8258c46d33b43bfa7598850ffdd'></iframe>

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyG View Post
                I don't see why? All companies that charge postage do this, as far as I'm aware all items have to be charged for pre-VAT, this includes postage (I could be wrong here). I know for certain though that all online companies do this.
                fd photography | XBL: FinalD | DA

Comment

TBH I think he's just asking for clearer pricing which is understandable.

But as i said in my previous post as long as the basket shows correct and it's cheaper than the closest competitor thats all that matters..

Comment

Originally posted by tystar View Post
                    TBH I think he's just asking for clearer pricing which is understandable.

But as i said in my previous post as long as the basket shows correct and it's cheaper than the closest competitor thats all that matters..
                    Yes this is exactly what I am asking for.

This is the only instance from many internet purchases where the postage costs have been not what I have been charged due to hidden VAT extra's.

All other website have been clear that it was the before VAT prices. Or just given the after VAT prices for the postage.

Plus to add, with the extra 1.30 it is no longer the cheapest place to buy the items. Am not complaining about that, just pointing this out.

Comment

Other places I have ordered from are the same, delivery is added to the basket then the vat is added.
                      Asus P5Q-E /Q6600 @3.6ghz/Water Loop On CPU/MSI 5850 Twin FrozrII/60GB M4/2Tb Samsung/Raven RV02W-EW/8Gb RAM/1200w PSU/27" AOC Monitor

Comment

The way i've always viewed it is the actual order it totals the cart up,
                        if the approx delivery included VAT the sum wouldn't be correct.

as per above example Add 59.99, 6.95, and 11.71 = 78.65

IMHO It just wouldn't make sense if the approx delivery shown as 8.16 inc vat, as the bottom total wouldn't then be correct.

In any kind of checkout/spreadsheet/purchase-order where VAT is at the bottom of the totals; everything above it is EX vat for it to be logical.
                        Originally posted by Aaron
                        I want those sweet cherries

Comment

IMHO It just wouldn't make sense if the approx delivery shown as 8.16 inc vat, as the bottom total wouldn't then be correct.

In any kind of checkout/spreadsheet/purchase-order where VAT is at the bottom of the totals; everything above it is EX vat for it to be logical.
                          But then why not do something like - This took me 1min to do, would take Aria the same.

Comment

Why?

It clearly states there that it's before VAT, what with it being prior to it in the list form.
                            fd photography | XBL: FinalD | DA

Comment

Originally posted by InvaderGIR View Post
                              Why?

It clearly states there that it's before VAT, what with it being prior to it in the list form.
                              Where does it clearly state the postage costs are before VAT?

Comment

Working...
                              X