Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why would a business or consumer buy from aria.co.uk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gibbo View Post
    The fact we have made this forum public also says big things, we don't hide things and are working on improving things all the time.
    This is indeed an excellent decision, problems are always best sorted out in an open and reasonable manner and if customers see a situation resolved in a sensible manner they will buy from you.

Comment

Originally posted by prsltd View Post
      This is indeed an excellent decision, problems are always best sorted out in an open and reasonable manner and if customers see a situation resolved in a sensible manner they will buy from you.
      HI there

That is what we want, hopefully CS guys will sort you today.

Comment

Originally posted by prsltd View Post
        I have already stated what I need and that is a refund for the faulty psu and its return postage. I do not need credit or an alternative psu since a replacement has already been fitted to the customers PC. So refund of psu and return postage please.

Dan
        I have spoken to our technical team and they have tested the item on one of our test systems on a stress test for 65 hours without a problem.
        The test system was a Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe Motherboard, Athlon46 X2 5000 CPU, 2x2GB PC6400 Memory, Geforce 8800GTX Graphics Card, 300GB SATA HDD and a SATA DVDRW and had Windows XP SP3 on it.

We are willing to give you a full refund on the item where normally we would charge an admin/restocking fee as we cannot sell the item as new.
        We now have to sell the item as a used/clearance item at a lower cost.
        As for you postage cost we will not be offering a refund on this as the item was tested as working and not faulty but as a gesture of good will we are able to offer you free shipping on your next order thatís placed with our Telesales team.

I will now process the refund of the item for you and get our accounts team to refund it.
        Please allow 3 to 4 working days for the refund to should in your bank account.

Comment

Originally posted by lee@cserve View Post
          I have spoken to our technical team and they have tested the item on one of our test systems on a stress test for 65 hours without a problem.
          The test system was a Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe Motherboard, Athlon46 X2 5000 CPU, 2x2GB PC6400 Memory, Geforce 8800GTX Graphics Card, 300GB SATA HDD and a SATA DVDRW and had Windows XP SP3 on it.

We are willing to give you a full refund on the item where normally we would charge an admin/restocking fee as we cannot sell the item as new.
          As for you postage cost we will not be offering a refund on this as the item was tested as working and not faulty but as a gesture of good will we are able to offer you free shipping on your next order thatís placed with our Telesales team.

I will now process the refund of the item for you and get our accounts team to refund it.
          Thank you for the refund.

I would advise you *not* to sell on the PSU. It has an intermittent fault which has shown itself in front of my eyes. You only risk alienating another customer. The PSU in question failed at the customers house. When returned here it ran fine for 24hrs, I was about to return the PC when the fault showed. The PSU will only be RMA'd back to you in time as the faulty component degrades and gets worse. I advise you of this as a skilled and qualified professional, who repairs SMPSUs to component level.

Dr Daniel White MEng EngD

Comment

Urgh I read again and discover that you won't refund the postage on an item that has been shown to be faulty by a professional who knows all about the insides of PSUs, their design, the behaviour of borderline faulty components like diodes (likely in this case), the crap capacitors you get in generic *AND BRANDED* power supplies - evident by the stack of psu boards i use for spares here plenty of which are branded high quality units that have expired before their time.

If you could only listen to your customers.

Any sane person presented with a rebooting computer and shutdowns would suspect the PSU. Any sane person who has been told a PSU is intermittently faulty with these symptoms would not sell the PSU to someone else, they would mark it faulty and return it to the seller or throw it in the bin.

Now, I really am lost for words.

Comment

Well now I have thought of some more, wasting my time when I should be repairing things here. Another thing to add to the list of why not to use Aria, who has shown its true colours after what could have been described as a good start.

Only last week I had something in to repair that did not show a fault and I put it on for a good test. It went back to the customer and the fault showed. I replaced some parts *without even witnessing* the fault and it was fixed.

Tech department, is it not within the realms of possibility that this has occurred with you. Did you test the PSU on the bench or in a case? On the bench most likely, otherwise you would have had to assemble a computer. In a case, the temperature will be higher, with higher probability that the fault will show. This is *classic behaviour* of a borderline faulty diode, where failure occurs as a function of temperature, current and time and which can only be found by replacement - a particularly annoying fault that often leads me on a wild goose chase through circuitry of equipment I have in for repair.

How do you know its there? You listen to your customer's fault report.
              How do you know which one it is - you know where to look, narrowing the problem down to several components instead of hundreds.

Comment

So the saga continues... Will I get my postage refund? Will YOU get your postage refund? Will Aria realise that the damage done by this thread is well in excess of the £8 I spent returning a faulty PSU?
                Tune in tomorrow, when CS has a flash of inspiration and refunds my £30 in full.

Edit: Ok this is probably not appropriate, I do wish the conversation to continue seriously and merely reflects my annoyance and amusement at the time which I am sure you can understand.

Comment

So, when will this be sorted out?

Comment

Originally posted by lee@cserve View Post

Appears to me that its been sorted?

Freedom isn't free"

Comment

Originally posted by El Wayneo View Post
                      Appears to me that its been sorted?
                      Almost, all that would make me go away now is an £8 postage refund for returning the faulty PSU. Can't see whats so effin difficult about it to be honest.

Come on Aria, it's not difficult - give me the refund for the return postage that I am entitled to for returning a faulty item.

Comment

I don't really want free shipping on the next order, haven't decided whether there will be one.

I just want the refund for the psu and a refund for the return postage. I already know its faulty, if Aria wants to test insufficiently and sell the PSU on to another unsuspecting customer where it WILL fail well thats up to them. They already have the information required to make the sensible decision of marking the PSU faulty, sending me the refunds and getting on with more important work. Why they can't do it I don't know. Perhaps some egos are getting in the way.

Comment

The issue will be discussed in tomorrow’s management meeting; we will have a response before close of business tomorrow.
                          Kind Regards,
                          Aria Customer Service Team
                          Aria Technology Ltd.
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by chris@cserve View Post
                            The issue will be discussed in tomorrow’s management meeting; we will have a response before close of business tomorrow.
                            Ok, thanks for the feedback

Comment

Hi, the manager has now authorised the return postage can be refunded as requested. This will be processed back to your payment card within the next 5-7 days
                              Kind Regards,
                              Aria Customer Service Team
                              Aria Technology Ltd.
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by chris@cserve View Post
                                Hi, the manager has now authorised the return postage can be refunded as requested. This will be processed back to your payment card within the next 5-7 days
                                Thank you for the refund.

Comment

Working...
                                X