Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reset the "Re-entered password too many times" counter when I reset my password!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reset the "Re-entered password too many times" counter when I reset my password!

So I entered my password wrong a few times. I then thought "Hmm, I've entered the wrong password, I should reset it". I reset it (successfully, not just requesting the reset)

I log in...Account locked:
    You have entered an invalid password too many times. This account is now locked for the next 10 minutes.

What the hell is the point in this? I've clearly just proven that I'm the legitimate account owner, I've just reset my password. Why are you making me sit here for ten minutes to give you money, when I've just proved who I am with my email, secret question etc? What a waste of time
    Jon
    AMD Phenom II 720BE 2.8gHz @ 3.6gHz | TRUE & Noctua 120mm
    Biostar ta790gx3 a2+ | 4gb Kingston HyperX PC2-8500
    Asus geForce GTX460 768mb - 22" LED monitor @ 1920x1080
    Samsung 850 250 GB SSD | Antec 300 | OCZ modXstream 500W

Is this on any particular site or just a general observation?

I'd imagine that it's something to do with being PCI compliant though and you have to have some sort of timed lockout to meet those standards...

Originally posted by coiler
    Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
      Is this on any particular site or just a general observation?

I'd imagine that it's something to do with being PCI compliant though and you have to have some sort of timed lockout to meet those standards...
      Got it in one. Although the login reset / password reminder stuff on our website is definitely something I would like to improve given the time, I do agree with the OP that it's not as you'd expect per current web trends.

Comment

Working...
      X