Simplified Deals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simplified Deals

Don't know whether I am the only one, but I find your deal structure to be overly complicated. Basically when trying to decide what to buy you end up having to go through it up to three times. Once to see where you get on as many SuperSpecials as possible, once with Deal4Today but no SuperSpecials to see if you can save by free postage or a wider range of options and then a final time on the standard site to see what alternatives are available.

To me this seems too much work to get a price, add in checking other sites and it really feels a bit unwieldy. As such I would propose a simplified system.

1. Reduce the size of SuperSpecials to 2-4 wonder deals that change daily. The current offers are too similar and too many to invoke daily excitement.
    2. Give free delivery to forum members on these goods when part of an order with a minimum value of other goods (say 100). I understand the margin is too low to include delivery on that item alone, but it is unlikely to add much to the cost of an existing order. For instance if I am buying a full PC then adding a bargain GPU shouldn't get rid of my free postage as it ends up getting rid of the discount.
    3. Make Deals4Today a middle ground between the current SuperSpecials and Deals4Today, slightly smaller list but slightly better prices.
    4. Put a little more work into ensuring the general prices are competitive. You aren't far off, but a little more work would make it better.
    5. Come up with a carriage paid level for all customers. It could be 200 or so, whatever level you feel it makes sense at. Fact is not enough people are involved on the forums and carriage is often a killer when comparing prices. Many people who are savvy enough to check around will be onto the free delivery deals at a number of competitors, most of which don't require the dedication of here.

Don't think I am knocking you guys, I already think you are one of the best E-tailers for PC hardware. Just thought I would let you know some feedback suggestions from a customer who would like an excuse to use you more
    i7 Sandy@4.5Ghz w/HT,BeQuiet Advanced,HD7850,
    ASUS P8P67 PRO,2x4GB Blackline DDR3,
    650W XFX PSU,Pioneer 216,256GB SSD,
    Fractal Arc Case loaded with quiet fans.

I agree.

I have just spent time trying to work out if a PSU is cheaper on offer or at the regular price.

I guess you could work out an algorithm to calculate when the discount is bigger than the cost of delivery.

But that is a bit complicated.
    Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus Z-170-K + Intel i5-6500 + 512GB Samsung M.2 PCI-e SSD + 16GB DDR4 2400MHz Memory
    Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus M5A88-M EVO + AMD Phenom II X6 + 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600 + Radeon HD 6450
    Win 10 Home 32-bit + Asus M2N-SLI DeLuxe + AMD Athlon 64 X2, Dual Core 5400 + 4.0 GB Memory + NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

Comment

Personally it takes me about 10 seconds to compare the prices.

Don't think anything needs changing.

Freedom isn't free"

Comment

Get rid of Deals4Today and just use superspecials, give prices that allow for free delivery to forum members and when the stock is out, either renew the deal or add something different.

Reason being Deal4Today is not really a deal for today is it, they are there for ages, so are superspecials, so its a redundant feature to have two seperate 'deal' setups running alongside standard pricing.
        Running the London Marathon 2014 for MS-UK, need to raise 2000, please support my bid by texting LZAZ76 plus ?amount? to 70070 ! ... Or via https://www.justgiving.com/luke-zasikowski

Comment

Originally posted by zaz View Post
          Get rid of Deals4Today and just use superspecials, give prices that allow for free delivery to forum members and when the stock is out, either renew the deal or add something different.

Reason being Deal4Today is not really a deal for today is it, they are there for ages, so are superspecials, so its a redundant feature to have two seperate 'deal' setups running alongside standard pricing.
          +1 to this, Superspecials are all that is needed

Comment

Originally posted by scottmac View Post
            +1 to this, Superspecials are all that is needed
            Well i think it's fine the way it is atm. I agree with the above only if the free delivery applies, if not then the current way is fine
            Last edited by Zaim; 18-08-10, 16:15. Reason: changes
            CPU:Intel I7 3770K 5GHZ |CPU Cooler:Noctua NH D14|RAM:16GB Corsair Vengeance White LP|MB:Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3|GPU:Asus GTX 980 Strix OC|PSU: Corsair AX 750|HDD:2x Corsair 240GB Force GS| 2X WD 2TB Red|Sound Card:Asus Xonar HDAV|Speakers:Sony STR-DN850+Yamaha Speakers+Tannoy TS2.10|Mouse/Keyboard:Corsair K95/M95|Case:Corsair 500R|

Comment

I'd say the other way, get rid of superspecials, and keep deal for today, the superspecials are pointless for me anyway as you cant go and buy them and it hsa to be posted, why wait for 2-3 days for stuff to arrive, and then maybe drive further to go and get it if you miss them twice, than just drive to the shop and buy it
              Aria is nearer than citylinks depot

Comment

Originally posted by sneeker View Post
                I'd say the other way, get rid of superspecials, and keep deal for today, the superspecials are pointless for me anyway as you cant go and buy them and it hsa to be posted, why wait for 2-3 days for stuff to arrive, and then maybe drive further to go and get it if you miss them twice, than just drive to the shop and buy it
                that is ok for people who live near Aria but what about people far away? like me 60 miles away.
                CPU:Intel I7 3770K 5GHZ |CPU Cooler:Noctua NH D14|RAM:16GB Corsair Vengeance White LP|MB:Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3|GPU:Asus GTX 980 Strix OC|PSU: Corsair AX 750|HDD:2x Corsair 240GB Force GS| 2X WD 2TB Red|Sound Card:Asus Xonar HDAV|Speakers:Sony STR-DN850+Yamaha Speakers+Tannoy TS2.10|Mouse/Keyboard:Corsair K95/M95|Case:Corsair 500R|

Comment

one thing i would like to see changed related to this is if an item is at superspecial price and you want to change it to the standard price a simple button without having to search for the whole item again, as i don't buy at superspecial unless its real cheap often i just want the standard price
                  That better skywalker?

Comment

Originally posted by KickButt View Post
                    one thing i would like to see changed related to this is if an item is at superspecial price and you want to change it to the standard price a simple button without having to search for the whole item again, as i don't buy at superspecial unless its real cheap often i just want the standard price
                    This I agree with, it would be much easier.

Comment

Originally posted by sneeker View Post
                      I honestly think they just need to meet the two in the middle and maybe just accept that it changes weekly rather than daily. I'd be happier to have a selection somewhere in the middle, a price somewhere in the middle and keep the free delivery / available for collection.

The extra special couple of deals a day should also be both for instore and online as they are really to create footfall and traffic rather than being a profitable product line. I do understand that it wouldn't make sense to offer free delivery on these alone though.
                      i7 Sandy@4.5Ghz w/HT,BeQuiet Advanced,HD7850,
                      ASUS P8P67 PRO,2x4GB Blackline DDR3,
                      650W XFX PSU,Pioneer 216,256GB SSD,
                      Fractal Arc Case loaded with quiet fans.

Comment

Working...
                      X