Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isn't the status or green boxes supposed to be the reflection of the quality of the user's posts?

i7 4960X, 16GB DDR3 1600MHz, Asus Sabertooth x79, Sapphire 290 4gb, Win10 pro 64.

Comment

Originally posted by Marv View Post
      Isn't the status or green boxes supposed to be the reflection of the quality of the user's posts?

i guess the thanks system can reflect that too.

what would be good if there was a user based system where say if someone makes a post that people dislike or isnt needed, it could be openly tagged for deletion and if say up to 5 users agree on the 5th user tag it is automaticall deleted? and being open it is unlikely to be abused as people will see who the culprits are

Comment

The green boxes imho are a result of how many users have rated/not rated that particular person.

Post quality is always paramount

thanks, number of posts, time joined, and rep all ways to weigh up a user if required though.

If an excessive number of people don't rate a user and they then have a red box, theres probably a good reason for that. Although all cases are individual and can be looked at.
        Originally posted by Aaron
        I want those sweet cherries

Comment

does that mean with over 10k posts you are a

Comment

Well now I wanna be a fatcat.

i7 4960X, 16GB DDR3 1600MHz, Asus Sabertooth x79, Sapphire 290 4gb, Win10 pro 64.

Comment

Originally posted by tystar View Post

TBH if the forum carries on in the way it's going I can see alot of valued & older members moving on.

This would be an absolute disaster..... and if there is a very real danger of losing some of the more learned types because of the immature content saturating the forum then we would all suffer.

I've enjoyed the recent influx of new blood and the higher level of forum activity from previous times but Aria Forum is imo above all a place to talk tech, get answers and increase knowledge. - There's a lot of ridicule, back-biting and greediness going down that's just plain unpleasant to view.

I expect those with the responsibility to keep these forums a happy, productive place have plans afoot and good luck with them.

I think we can all be catered for here at Aria, the old gits like me and the teens, Oldies need to loosen up a bit and the Kids need to respect their fellow forumites a little more and not abuse the systems put in place that are supposed to benefit us all.
              Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5.AMD FX8150 @3.5Ghz. 8Gb Mushkin Redline, MSI 7950 TFIII BE, 120Gb Mushkin Chronos + 256Gb Crucial M4 + 2x2Tb F3 Spinpoint Eco-Greens + 1x 3Tb Seagate. Antec 900 Watt PSU . Windows 10 Pro

Comment

couldn't put it better myself broadsword.
                <iframe height='160' width='300' frameborder='0' allowtransparency='true' scrolling='no' src='https://www.strava.com/athletes/2768256/activity-summary/f83653646f45d8258c46d33b43bfa7598850ffdd'></iframe>

Comment

in a house of lords kinda way

here, here

DT.
                  Please see thread, here for how post reports are dealt with.
                  Forum Guidelines here

Comment

Originally posted by Broadsword1976 View Post
                    This would be an absolute disaster..... and if there is a very real danger of losing some of the more learned types because of the immature content saturating the forum then we would all suffer.

I've enjoyed the recent influx of new blood and the higher level of forum activity from previous times but Aria Forum is imo above all a place to talk tech, get answers and increase knowledge. - There's a lot of ridicule, back-biting and greediness going down that's just plain unpleasant to view.

I expect those with the responsibility to keep these forums a happy, productive place have plans afoot and good luck with them.

I think we can all be catered for here at Aria, the old gits like me and the teens, Oldies need to loosen up a bit and the Kids need to respect their fellow forumites a little more and not abuse the systems put in place that are supposed to benefit us all.
                    I couldn't agree more
                    I am not losing weight! I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again!

Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional

Comment

Don't know - if somebody wants to provide constructive criticism then that is a good thing and we can all learn something.

Just flaming somebody for no good reason makes the poster the idiot not the person trying to understand an environment where they're looking for support

So it's a fine line, keep it and we self police the idiots that want to behave like that or remove it to prevent others from being put off posting what they my think is a stupid question............ there's no such thing as a stupid question, you either know or you don't, it's what we're here for.

Comment

Well in hindsight of the events of recent days I think we first need a few more active mods. The ones we have are great but often there is only one on or even none. Coiler will remember the massive thread about the student discount that got way out of hand and was left un touched for some time.
                        As broadsword said the older guys need to chill slightly and some of the young ones need to act more mature.

Originally posted by coiler
                        Then go all out dogging, after i've finished rimming of course

Comment

I'm in the middle at 28. I can stay the same right?

Comment

Originally posted by Marv View Post
                            I'm in the middle at 28. I can stay the same right?
                            Indeed. There is no older and younger members. Just the mature ones and the not so mature ones.

Comment

Thanks for everyones votes all

Based on the 60.78% result we shall now be discussing this while bringing the reputation back in.

Thanks again

Coiler
                              Originally posted by Aaron
                              I want those sweet cherries

Comment

Working...
                              X