This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Negative Reputation - Have your say ... Public Poll

To get a feel for how the majority feel about Negative Reputation please respond to the public poll

I will run this for a day pending if we have a clear winner.
    Keep negative rep - the user you give it to will be able to see your username
    60.78%
    Remove negative rep
    23.53%
    Not Sure
    15.69%
    Originally posted by Aaron
    I want those sweet cherries

keep it and show username is perfect as it means only an idiot would neg rep for the sake of it. Also.. neg rep should be to a value of "1" only if it can be done. That way you se you have had it but you dont get hit with a massive 600 point reduction by some of the big hitters in here.

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Moore View Post
      keep it and show username is perfect as it means only an idiot would neg rep for the sake of it. Also.. neg rep should be to a value of "1" only if it can be done. That way you se you have had it but you dont get hit with a massive 600 point reduction by some of the big hitters in here.

Andy
      This.

Freedom isn't free"

Comment

Originally posted by El Wayneo View Post
        This.

Its based on rep power so deducts the same as a positive rep adds unfortunetely.

Rep will be harder to build up and is being reset to before the RepGate Scandal.

The fact a name is left behind should stop the anonymous abuse.
        Originally posted by Aaron
        I want those sweet cherries

Comment

Fair enough mate.

Freedom isn't free"

Comment

Not sure I've been here long enough or have enough experience of the whole rep thing to form an opinion. So voted not sure. As I am interested.
            FILM QUIZ!!!!? Name the film from the quote!!
            "Right. Better clench up, Legolas"

Comment

Hypathetical situation.

Customer A posts about a product customer B says he doenst like it

Customer A negative reps customer B

Customer B goes to a competitor where he isnt insulted for his opinions...

Even if Only 1% of customers are lost because of it with, arias 35 million turnover 1% is still a LOT of money. Its a no brainier this is a business that depends on sales and every tiny detail matters.
              Nothing should be done to lose customers or alienate people who could potentially buy something

ther is also another hypothetical situation where your competitors use the system to cause trouble in your community..

its just an unnesscesary risk with no benefit to sales and only a risk of negativity and lost customers.
              AMD Phenom][ X4 955, 4 gb pc3 12800, 1gb 5870, Kone v2,24 inch LED 2ms @1920 x 1080

Comment

bring it back with a username I would put money on it causing problems
                idiots will still neg and users will know what the idiot is giving them neg
                and will argue on the boards

right at the risk of naming a competitor Ebuyer forums
                have rep system with no neg allowed and they don't get any of the problems we have had

Comment

If you have rep then realistically you have to have negative rep as well. Maybe neg rep could be set to 50% of rep power or something.
                  Removed my picture as I have now sold it all

Comment

Or just a minus 1?

Freedom isn't free"

Comment

What is "negative rep"?

Probably one of the many bits and pieces around here that I neither understand nor notice.
                      Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus Z-170-K + Intel i5-6500 + 512GB Samsung M.2 PCI-e SSD + 16GB DDR4 2400MHz Memory
                      Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus M5A88-M EVO + AMD Phenom II X6 + 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600 + Radeon HD 6450
                      Win 10 Home 32-bit + Asus M2N-SLI DeLuxe + AMD Athlon 64 X2, Dual Core 5400 + 4.0 GB Memory + NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

Comment

I just want my positive rep back
                        Angry and Remaining

Comment

Bring it back.

I think people need to grow up & keep quiet if they get negative rep - who cares!, you must have got it for a very good reason...
                          8gb Geil BlackDragon RAM | Radeon 7850 2GB | i7 860 @2.8ghz | ASUS Maximus III Extreme

Comment

Or just remove rep completely and use the Thanks for status?
                            Removed my picture as I have now sold it all

Comment

Originally posted by Pepp77 View Post
                              Or just remove rep completely and use the Thanks for status?
                              thanks totally agree
                              AMD Phenom][ X4 955, 4 gb pc3 12800, 1gb 5870, Kone v2,24 inch LED 2ms @1920 x 1080

Comment

Working...
                              X